November 25, 2017, 01:42:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku rejects new 140k per week contract  (Read 57969 times)

March 15, 2017, 12:57:51 AM
Reply #30

Simon Paul

Administrator
the club will take exactly the same line as they did last summer

75m or he stays

there will be interest at around 50m and he may put in a transfer request when that comes along, and we'll bump it up to about 60m if we're lucky.  he agreed to stay last summer based on Koeman saying we'd get European football.

then we enjoy a summer of rumours about who we're buying to replace him

deCoubertin

March 15, 2017, 01:01:29 AM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Why would he stay past this summer making about 60k less a week then he could be making if he signed that contract?

he's gone this summer.

Well strictly speaking we could simply refuse to sell him, he has no release clause, he then has two options, keep banging them in and increase his market value then leave as a free agent at 25 or throw a hissy, down tools, end up on the bench at best and in two years everyone will have forgotten about him.

March 15, 2017, 01:02:14 AM
Reply #32

Simon Paul

Administrator
Well strictly speaking we could simply refuse to sell him, he has no release clause, he then has two options, keep banging them in and increase his market value then leave as a free agent at 25 or throw a hissy, down tools, end up on the bench at best and in two years everyone will have forgotten about him.

World Cup year next year, he ain't sitting on the bench wondering what could have been

Everton hold all the cards here

March 15, 2017, 01:03:07 AM
Reply #33

blue1948

Do you ever read back the dribble that you write ?

March 15, 2017, 01:04:35 AM
Reply #34

Macca77

Who could afford him?

City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
PSG
Barca
Real

All shite  lolol

March 15, 2017, 01:04:58 AM
Reply #35

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
World Cup year next year, he ain't sitting on the bench wondering what could have been

That's exactly what I meant, we hold the cards although Martinez would still take him to the World Cup even if he were cleaning boots.

March 15, 2017, 01:05:44 AM
Reply #36

Macca77

Correct, people need to calm down a bit

March 15, 2017, 01:06:19 AM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Do you ever read back the dribble that you write ?

Could you clarify ? Serious request.

March 15, 2017, 01:12:23 AM
Reply #38

Everton Mint

Fan reaction at the games could be a factor. What will happen when his name's read out or when he scores could push things either way...

March 15, 2017, 01:14:00 AM
Reply #39

Simon Paul

Administrator
That's exactly what I meant, we hold the cards although Martinez would still take him to the World Cup even if he were cleaning boots.

yeah but Rom knows he'd be shit like he has been the last two major tournaments and he'd much rather that didn't happen again

imagine being dropped for Origi or Benteke again after this season!

March 15, 2017, 01:16:31 AM
Reply #40

bluenose27

He never seems to be over happy when playing for us and doesn't show any  passion or respect for our club and all the hype he is now getting has added to him thinking even more so that he is better than he is. He has improved this season but last season he was poor particularly in the last 3rd! Would love him to stay but if he goes at least we get good money to get someone else!

Lets be in no doubt if he doesn't sign this new contract he will be sold provided that our asking price is met.

We need to sort out who is going to replace him and go and get them. This will probably hasten Rooney's arrival and in such circumstances he would be of use as a striker together with another expensive aquisition .

Think keeping our manager is far more important to continue on our current progressive path 

March 15, 2017, 01:16:51 AM
Reply #41

sam of the south

Do you think we do, though?

I mean, as you said, if we say we will accept 75m, but then he hands in a transfer request, don't you think we would then accept a lot less than 75m?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 15, 2017, 01:21:21 AM
Reply #42

charlatan

No great surprise.  The fact that the contract has been "99% done" since about October tells you all you need to know.

March 15, 2017, 01:23:05 AM
Reply #43

eame

Maybe I'm missing something here but regardless if he signs a new contract or not if someone stumps up the money for him then he's gone. He wants champions league footie, which I don't blame him for, its what we all want init. I think nothing has changed really, players these days hold all the cards and their agents are rats pure and simple.

I think, well hope, the days clubs could come along and bully us have long gone (apparently we only sold stones because Martinez had promised him he would) I am prepared to sit this one out and trust in the new leadership of the club.

March 15, 2017, 01:25:41 AM
Reply #44

Mayor Farnum

Clubs never win in these situations. If he wants to go he will go.