November 22, 2017, 07:08:58 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester Sunday 4pm  (Read 10977 times)

April 11, 2017, 01:30:08 AM
Reply #495

blue1948

Are you trying to be funny? Not sure? If so, will let it slide.

No don't let it slide I want to know where this "First Nation " people comes from ,as this thread is the first time I have seen it .

April 11, 2017, 01:45:56 AM
Reply #496

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No don't let it slide I want to know where this "First Nation " people comes from ,as this thread is the first time I have seen it .

The article below explains it better.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/what-s-in-a-name-indian-native-aboriginal-or-indigenous-1.2784518
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 11, 2017, 10:38:10 AM
Reply #497

blue1948

The article below explains it better.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/what-s-in-a-name-indian-native-aboriginal-or-indigenous-1.2784518

Thanks ,I read it and now understand .In particular the main grievance seems to be that the use of "foreign" names is offensive even though the government and other organizations still use the word Indian and that they have settled on the words" First Nation People" which is yet another set of " foreign words " .Clear as a bell

April 11, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
Reply #498

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks ,I read it and now understand .In particular the main grievance seems to be that the use of "foreign" names is offensive even though the government and other organizations still use the word Indian and that they have settled on the words" First Nation People" which is yet another set of " foreign words " .Clear as a bell

You see he government came out with these names like Indian and Native etc and that is a sign of oppression. For example, the Canadian government went to South Africa to learn about Homelands under Apartheid. The Canadian government used that thought process for dealing with people on Reservations.

The First Nation people do have words in Cree or Stoney or Nakoda and many many other languages for their tribes and origins. They are however trying to reach a consensus so people like you can stop referring to the as Indians who all wear a head piece and look alike.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...