November 21, 2017, 01:26:39 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 9668 times)

April 06, 2017, 08:02:42 PM
Reply #75

Toddacelli

Apparently, buying the Liver Building was suggested to him by the same person who named the shop Everton 2...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

April 06, 2017, 10:16:42 PM
Reply #76

Bluedylan

I very much doubt he'd be buying the Liver building if the ground situation wasn't very likely to happen, so this is all good news. Bringing potential signings to his corner office, overlooking the waterfront and our gleaming new stadium would seem to be a much more attractive proposition than driving down Priory Road, for example.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 06, 2017, 11:31:59 PM
Reply #77

bacon sarnie

Kicking cans at the Pier Head and the Liver building nearly holds as much importance now, as the people who sold shit insurance then. We're moving along nicely. :)

Aye, quite nicely matey. Kicking cans at pigeons or down on their luck folk who may once have been reputable insurance salespeople is all in the past now. Will change the words to 'hang them one by one from the blue birds over the royal blue Mersey' and inform GrantyBoy   :thumbsup:

Should do a remake of The Liver Birds as well. Blue balls and all that.....

April 06, 2017, 11:51:08 PM
Reply #78

Simon Paul

Administrator
Apparently, buying the Liver Building was suggested to him by the same person who named the shop Everton 2...

no it wasn't

April 06, 2017, 11:53:02 PM
Reply #79

Toddacelli

no it wasn't

Maybe not - but it's just as funny!

Do you know who did that? Was it you?

April 06, 2017, 11:56:41 PM
Reply #80

Simon Paul

Administrator
Maybe not - but it's just as funny!

Do you know who did that? Was it you?

the person who put the idea to the board will never - EVER - admit it, but it came from a forum post on here about two years before our shop was announced.  There was a rumour that we were opening a shop in Liverpool One, so I said it should be called "Everton Two" because of the address thing and obvious joke.  This was at a time when this person spent more time on NSNO than I did, from behind his computer above the Megastore (Everton One).

April 07, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #81

Toddacelli

the person who put the idea to the board will never - EVER - admit it, but it came from a forum post on here about two years before our shop was announced.  There was a rumour that we were opening a shop in Liverpool One, so I said it should be called "Everton Two" because of the address thing and obvious joke.  This was at a time when this person spent more time on NSNO than I did, from behind his computer above the Megastore (Everton One).

Yeah - I thought that rang a bell!

Haha! Either way - it was a brilliant move. Well done Si.

April 07, 2017, 12:03:30 AM
Reply #82

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yeah - I thought that rang a bell!

Haha! Either way - it was a brilliant move. Well done Si.

I'm just made up I'd spelt it right, unlike the scorer in the reserve game match report that was lifted from here for the official site at around the same time!

April 07, 2017, 12:07:58 AM
Reply #83

Toddacelli

You know what though - I find myself smiling every time I remember this has happened      nod

April 07, 2017, 02:29:48 AM
Reply #84

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I remember the post and thinking it was brilliant. Didn't realised someone had committed industrial espionage
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 07, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
Reply #85

Jamokachi

What did he say tho?

April 07, 2017, 07:19:25 PM
Reply #86

MmmBlueRamirez

What did he say tho?

Ooo
I do love a good 'in' joke ;)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 09, 2017, 06:20:25 AM
Reply #87

Alfie Noakes

This story has made me see Moshiri in a different light. The king of astuteness.

It makes me want to fly to Liverpool and run along the banks of the Mersey with a megaphone.

April 09, 2017, 01:56:43 PM
Reply #88

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
This story has made me see Moshiri in a different light. The king of astuteness.

It makes me want to fly to Liverpool and run along the banks of the Mersey with a megaphone.

See Bally, he's got one you can borrow
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 09, 2017, 02:32:34 PM
Reply #89

MmmBlueRamirez

To 'Eye of the tiger' playing in the background.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama