November 15, 2018, 01:58:56 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Burnley  (Read 21335 times)

April 15, 2017, 10:34:09 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

Why? It was on target. That's his goal.

It was CLOSE.  Pretty clearly not going in without the deflection, though.  Depends on how generous the official scorer is.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 15, 2017, 10:35:42 PM
Reply #46

Evertonian in NC

I will now thank Robles for getting us to the 3-1 I had in Prediction League.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 15, 2017, 10:44:53 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

Barkley, Baines, and Holgate have all been really good.

April 15, 2017, 10:47:34 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

Or we could beat them down there...

That's the last fixture of the season, right?  Their atmosphere will be toxic, and we will be flying.

April 15, 2017, 10:54:04 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

What a horrible game that was. So glad to have gotten through that after the first half.

But what a wonderful time to be a Blue when we WIN games like that 3-1!!

April 15, 2017, 11:06:24 PM
Reply #50

Evertonian in NC

We turn up and beat these teams at home now. That's just what we do. And we have different ways of doing it. Massive credit to Koeman for making home wins against weaker sides almost an inevitability. I think Top 4 is out of reach, but look how close we are. A couple of wins away, and that's with losing the late lead at Old Trafford and having a meltdown for a couple of months of the season.

Excellent management from Koeman and the rest of his staff to be this close to teams who have spent hundreds of millions in recent years.

They mentioned exactly this on the NBC Extra Time broadcast, and how it makes such a dilemma for Lukaku.  You can see how close Everton are to being a club that matches his ambitions, he already knows he matches the coach, teammates, city, etc.  It's a big risk/leap of faith for him either way.

April 15, 2017, 11:35:04 PM
Reply #51

Evertonian in NC

Wow we won, and I was there

have we broken a proper jinx then?

April 15, 2017, 11:53:32 PM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

Getting harder to read Rom for me, today he looked pleased to have the shirt on,when
he scored he was well chuffed, when sometimes he looks like someones put a turd under his nose
maybe he's just a moody get and he still might just stay 50/50 i'd say at the mo, Ross 99.999999999% to stay

I agree, think he's genuinely torn.  He really loves playing for the shirt here, but his ambition/mind pull him to the guaranteed "green pastures."  But to build those pastures himself, and make the name Romelu Lukaku truly legendary...what's better for the ego than THAT??