October 22, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 37469 times)

May 01, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
Read 37469 times

Lxxx

Do we need more Ademola Lookman's who might prove useful in the next few years?

We need more Sigurdsson's who'll deliver you double figures in goals and assists from day one.

May 01, 2017, 07:11:30 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

We need both

We already have Calvert Lewin and Lookman, both young prospects who we hope will come good in the next few years.

Our more pressing concern is who will get us double figures next season.

May 11, 2017, 03:11:09 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Would anyone else take a punt on Adama Traore? Looks like he has the same raw ability as Geri; speed, ability to take players on, but with stamina and fitness. May not turn out to be much, but could be worth a shot?

He looks like Usain Bolt would be if he ever got his chance to play football for a living. Absolutely no idea what to do with the football but will bulldoze his way to the byline numerous times a game.

June 27, 2017, 04:43:42 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

If true sounds like we're now finally operating like a big club, identifying top talent and then building a network to feed into our first team eventually. The lad looks like a decent prospect with a low buy out clause if I remember rightly.

June 27, 2017, 06:59:34 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Didn't we do something similar with David Henen?

Who?

June 27, 2017, 07:00:08 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Any idea what the fee was?

8m euros was his buyout clause.

June 27, 2017, 07:21:11 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

He's got a look of a young Thierry Henry about it, with his preference to pull away to the left before leaving defenders for dead both inside and outside. Great finisher too. Another year to grow a bit physically and he could be the business.

June 27, 2017, 08:14:15 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Won't do any harm for our chances of signing their talented youngsters like Dendoncker, by buying the most promising player in their league and giving them him for a year.

June 27, 2017, 08:32:08 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Do the Belgian clubs (and Anderlecht in particular) have 6-8m on players?
From the looks of things their record signing has been 7.5m. That was Stanciu last year and is the only time they have gone above 5.5m.

Could this be us getting them a star of their league they would not normally be able to afford for a season to sweeten the deal?

Certainly can't do any harm to establish these kind of relationships with a club who have a history of producing talented players.

June 27, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Would rather be spending money on players who can actually play for us tbh, seeing as we have next to no options up top, reserving judgement on this at present...

:headbang:

June 28, 2017, 01:18:42 AM
Reply #10

Lxxx

The vid I saw seemed to feature him scoring about 20goals and totally skinning defenders with his pace. Looks a bit boss. Hopefully I am proven right  ;)

Well he does have Henry on the back of his shirt.

June 28, 2017, 01:36:43 AM
Reply #11

Lxxx

When it comes to signing the best players in the world, our position is that we are more likely to sign a world class player before they become world class. You've obviously got to identify and develop and get some luck on route. If he stars at Anderlecht, we would have been looking at a fee 5x more next summer and far more competition.

He was prolific last season for a unfavoured team and the best team in league are taking him on loan for next season. Can't recall too many times where that has happened. Anderlecht sold Tielemans for a decent amount so it's not like they are desperate to borrow someone.

Generally the best clubs don't really want loans, as it's developing a player you don't own, it's more of a stop gap or a bit of extra cover. But you'd imagine he will get game time, otherwise why are Anderlecht keen and why would we loan him to them.

It'll tell us a lot more about his character as well to go from a relative unknown in an unfancied team to the best team in the league with more expectation.

June 28, 2017, 01:46:27 AM
Reply #12

Lxxx

I get that and you're right of course, I'm still reserving judgement on us spending 8m on a player who may never be eligible to play for us, when we have effectively no strikers on the books to play next season (assuming Lukaku inevitably fucks off)

It's early days and I'm sure I'll be proved wrong, it's just not the signing I was hoping for next is all...

You do know the transfer window isn't even open yet don't you. You're talking as if it's transfer deadline day.

June 28, 2017, 02:11:39 AM
Reply #13

Lxxx

Nearly 40 years of knowing no better, it's a hard habit to break and I'm not letting my guard down yet....

But clearly this summer is nothing like the old Everton. Not even close.

June 28, 2017, 05:09:55 PM
Reply #14

Lxxx

Two year loan deal, that's a pretty big favour. However when you're cash rich you can do the kind of things that the big boys do in order to build a proper network and bring in continuous transfer revenue like Chelsea do with their million kids out on loan.