December 15, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 39828 times)

May 01, 2017, 07:55:30 PM
Read 39828 times

Bluedylan

Are you suggesting we just don't bother if we identify someone who could potentially become a world beater? Everyone's more pressing concern is now rather than the future. We surely need to plan for the future too though. More than every side above us because we currently can't sign readymade stars

Exactly. You have both at most clubs. People work on the here and now, and people work on the future. They are not mutually exclusive.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 11, 2017, 02:51:45 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Would anyone else take a punt on Adama Traore? Looks like he has the same raw ability as Geri; speed, ability to take players on, but with stamina and fitness. May not turn out to be much, but could be worth a shot?

Unfortunately he's the proverbial headless chicken. His decision making is worse than Donald Trump's.

May 16, 2017, 12:36:58 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/15/agent-confirms-everton-west-ham-target-onyekuru-is-in-talks-with-two-epl-teams/

The agent of hot in demand Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru has confirmed that his client will most likely move to England in the summer, where Southampton, Everton and West Ham are heavily linked with a move for the forward.

Onyekuru has reportedly turned down a move to fellow Belgian side Anderlecht and Club Brugge, and with German side Borussia Monchengladbach pulling out of a potential deal for the summer, teams in England are now the front runners for his signature.

” No he won’t be joining a team in Belgium at least for now despite the strong interest from Club Brugge and Anderlecht. He is going to England, in few days time you will get to know the club he is heading to”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” For now we are in talks with two teams and everything is progressing nicely. Hopefully we will conclude with one of them before the start of pre season. Don’t worry we will let the world know when a deal is done”.

Quite hopeful on this one, and I've convinced myself he's going to be some player based on no evidence whatsoever.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:38:00 AM by Bluedylan »

June 27, 2017, 06:41:11 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Kristof Terreur 📰 ✔ @HLNinEngeland
Henry Onyekuru could be on his way to Anderlecht. Everton would sign him and immediately loan him out to the Belgian champions. (La DH) #efc pic.twitter.com/tmlzumxJBU

Kristof Terreur  📰‏Verified account @HLNinEngeland  7m7 minutes ago
More
 Henry Onyekuru underwent a medical at Everton yesterday. Will go on loan to Anderlecht. He had a entry visa for UK, not a real work permit.

Kristof Terreur 📰 ✔ @HLNinEngeland
Done deal. Loaned from Everton to Anderlecht.
12:26 PM - 27 Jun 2017

June 27, 2017, 06:50:47 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Welcome to Arsenal ;)

June 27, 2017, 07:02:18 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Kind of think we should keep him around rather than loan him out straight away!

Calvert Lewin is pretty much our only striker at the moment isn't he?!

Tarashaj, Henen (has he already left?!)and Niasse clearly have no future. Lukaku is already at Chelsea in his head and Kone and Valencia have gone

No work permit yet.

Also you forgot Sandro ;)

June 27, 2017, 07:14:56 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

The highlights video of him looks absolutely class. I know it's pub standard league but he turned 20 this month. Bags of potential in this one. Pace, trickery and knows where the net is, I'm as excited by this as I am by Sandro

All the exceptional Belgian players were once in that pub standard league. This lad is clearly a few levels above the likes of Henen, judging by the competition for his signature and the fact that the Belgian champions want him for their first team, even if it's just for one season on loan.

June 27, 2017, 08:43:02 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

The Americans can call him Hank without any resulting fume, right?  :D

Nah

June 28, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

June 28, 2017, 02:42:49 AM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

Nearly 40 years of knowing no better, it's a hard habit to break and I'm not letting my guard down yet....

And there we get to the crux of it. That's your issue (and our issue as fans), not the club's. You need to let your guard down now and start to believe that things are improving massively. Being fashionably cynical is boring after a while.

June 28, 2017, 10:17:57 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/06/27/two-year-anderlecht-loan-for-everton-new-boy/341352/

Two year loan apparently. And I'm on nights at work, before you ask why I'm posting at 4.15am @Escla  ;)

June 28, 2017, 10:23:38 AM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

I want to believe.

Unfortunately though, and I don't want to be that guy, but as soon as we sell Lukaku, we'll have been 'spending the Lukaku money'.

I mean I'm quite an optimistic blue I think, so it's going to take a lot to win over blues who are even more reserved than I am and to be quite honest the club have no one to blame but themselves.

What I will say is - I'm starting to believe and there are some really, really good signs.

Yeah that is a fair point. The seemingly inevitable Lukaku sale will bring about comments from others fans and our own fans about selling to buy and all that. I genuinely don't think it's the case whatsoever, but people will defo throw it at us.

June 28, 2017, 10:54:58 AM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

If that's the case we'll and good, thanks to Chelski for buying us 5 players, they really a a good bunch.

Well yeah. But you know some people will obsess over net spend and use it as a stick to beat the club with, unless we spend another £100m on top of the Lukaku money.

July 01, 2017, 06:33:46 AM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

O'Keeffe said that there were around 50 clubs interested in him.

December 23, 2017, 10:44:10 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Horrendous