October 17, 2018, 11:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 37165 times)

May 02, 2017, 01:23:48 AM
Read 37165 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He looks terrible.

I'm all for him like, get him in. Loved Drenthe, loved deulofeu and even liked Atsu a bit. When it comes to largely unproductive yet pacey wingers I'm always happy to indulge curiosity.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 02, 2017, 05:03:58 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was such a big bilyaletdinov fan, speaks volumes on my ability to judge the usefulness of a player. Easily sold by cruyffs and 30 yarders, even if they're once every 2 years.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 27, 2017, 02:27:04 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Saw someone mention this yesterday but it was just a random twitter lid so thought nothing of it.

We were linked ages ago and it was widely accepted he was in the U.K. to talk to a number of clubs so thought we may have been in the hat.

June 27, 2017, 04:21:44 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Make note of that Twitter dude, then, he might be ITK

Wish I had! He's lost to the twitterverse now unfortunately.

June 28, 2017, 06:10:06 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And there we get to the crux of it. That's your issue (and our issue as fans), not the club's. You need to let your guard down now and start to believe that things are improving massively. Being fashionably cynical is boring after a while.

I want to believe.

Unfortunately though, and I don't want to be that guy, but as soon as we sell Lukaku, we'll have been 'spending the Lukaku money'.

I mean I'm quite an optimistic blue I think, so it's going to take a lot to win over blues who are even more reserved than I am and to be quite honest the club have no one to blame but themselves.

What I will say is - I'm starting to believe and there are some really, really good signs.

June 28, 2017, 06:17:04 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm all for bringing in youngsters and blooding them for the first team.

It's probably our best chance to win the premier league in a few years given the current climate.

But this guy?
On that highlights video he looks completely shit!
Can't pass, can't finish and zero end product.
Am i missing something here??
If those are his 'highlights' I'd hate to see his bad games, he runs about like a headless chicken!!

Hmmmmm......

Headless chicken you say? Sounds like the gwladys will love him.

But in all honesty wtf video did you watch? Mine was just him skinning people and scoring a wide range of different goals from open play.

October 10, 2017, 11:55:43 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was told by somebody pretty well connected that Lookman was told by Koeman the end of the transfer window to pack his bags.

It sounded like Lookman and Mirallas both questioned Koeman's use of them and were told where to go.

Was told the exact same story about Dowell.

Which makes me doubt it.

October 19, 2017, 04:34:04 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What ever happened to David Henan?

Doing well at u23 this year.

December 08, 2017, 03:27:41 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The fact he’s doing it again for a different side is a really, really good sign.

Would be bang up for bringing him in in Jan (might help solve that wide goalscorer problem mentioned in the Jan thread).

December 08, 2017, 03:50:47 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Read his coach criticising that it’s not all about goals; has to do more in general.

Rather he stayed there than not play all the time here if that’s the case.

I reckon his heads gone a bit. Since all the Madrid / spurs links started coming out he’s started slacking off is the impression I get.

Wonder if they want Lookman for a bit an all..

May 17, 2018, 02:05:39 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I agree, although id still like to give the new manager the opportunity to assess before shipping him out for another year

Don’t think we’d have been able to get a work permit due to his lack of games for Nigeria.

However I’m sure there used to be an ‘exceptional talent’ rule? Not sure what happened with that..