November 21, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 13634 times)

brap2 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 10, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
Reply #225

BlueBeagle

Be beyond devestated if we sold Lookman.

Genuine question... Why?

To date he's shown nothing whatsoever worth being devastated over if he left.

He's a good prospect that is yet to prove anything. Nothing more, nothing less.

deCoubertin

October 10, 2017, 02:25:30 PM
Reply #226

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His potential is obvious.

Be very short sighted of the club to sell him because he's not performing at the age of 19.

Needs to be nurtured and developed.

October 10, 2017, 02:43:12 PM
Reply #227

Lxxx

Iím sure we donít need the money though do we. By all means park Lookman on loan somewhere to develop but I canít see us selling the lad a year after signing him.

October 10, 2017, 02:58:17 PM
Reply #228

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think this is a case of chinese whispers. I think journos have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

The reason why was because of a quirk of my twitter feed showing me 3 stories about him in the row.
The first two were about Nigeria wanting to poach him from England before he got a senior cap and the 3rd was about linking him away. it went:

1) Nigeria want to cap Lookman
2) Super Eagles want to poach Lookman
3) Crystal Palace looking to target Lookman in January

I properly think some moron has conflated super eagles (Nigeria) with eagles (Palace), ran the story and then every other outlet has gone with it.
A denial may or may not have come in from Palace to the newspapers, but now it is in their minds that he is looking to move/we're looking to move him on/clubs want him.

October 10, 2017, 03:22:16 PM
Reply #229

Lxxx

I actually think this is a case of chinese whispers. I think journos have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

The reason why was because of a quirk of my twitter feed showing me 3 stories about him in the row.
The first two were about Nigeria wanting to poach him from England before he got a senior cap and the 3rd was about linking him away. it went:

1) Nigeria want to cap Lookman
2) Super Eagles want to poach Lookman
3) Crystal Palace looking to target Lookman in January

I properly think some moron has conflated super eagles (Nigeria) with eagles (Palace), ran the story and then every other outlet has gone with it.
A denial may or may not have come in from Palace to the newspapers, but now it is in their minds that he is looking to move/we're looking to move him on/clubs want him.

Just a typical day for the idiots who somehow get paid decent money for clicks then.

October 10, 2017, 03:40:10 PM
Reply #230

Rhys

Did he play in the game against Celtic?

Yes he played left wing. He had some really good moments, did look their main threat but he was very hit and miss. Reminded me a bit of how Lookman plays but seems to be a bit more aware of situations than Lookman in terms of where he was trying bits of skill.

Anderlecht were awful though, like 3-0 to Celtic flattered them which given how average Celtic are for them to dominate like that away from home shows the level Anderlecht are at.

He has something and hard to judge given how bad they were, looks like could offer something to the squad but when watching the match I thought he looks like he needs the loan move for development as much as anything else.

October 10, 2017, 03:41:44 PM
Reply #231

van der Meyde

I was told by somebody pretty well connected that Lookman was told by Koeman the end of the transfer window to pack his bags.

It sounded like Lookman and Mirallas both questioned Koeman's use of them and were told where to go.

October 10, 2017, 03:47:56 PM
Reply #232

Lxxx

I was told by somebody pretty well connected that Lookman was told by Koeman the end of the transfer window to pack his bags.

It sounded like Lookman and Mirallas both questioned Koeman's use of them and were told where to go.

I'm not sure whether it's Koeman's job to say that to players though. We have a director of football who you would hope deals with this kind of thing, Koeman is there to make the best use of whatever tools the club provides for him. Of course if Mirallas, who is an experienced member of the squad, shows dissent then that's a different matter but to tell a young highly rated boy to pack his bags I'd be very surprised if this was true.

October 10, 2017, 04:01:43 PM
Reply #233

Mayor Farnum

In the only game I've seen him play in, home defeat to Celtic, he looked way off Premier League standard.

October 10, 2017, 04:27:12 PM
Reply #234

Cozzie

Genuine question... Why?

I think he has shown glimpses in games of what he is capable of. He is clearly not ready yet granted, but that's the key thing here, potential.

Hes looked reslly good for England at under 20 and 21 level and I do believe he will be an amazing player.

Just don't want to see him doing it at another club, hope if he leaves it's a loan so he can develop better.

Hed offer us more out wide than what our current set up and tactics offer us right now that's for sure.

October 10, 2017, 05:17:46 PM
Reply #235

Tinga

Be very short sighted of the club to sell him because he's not performing at the age of 19.

Chelsea found this out the hard way.

October 10, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
Reply #236

Hawkandro

I will be very pissed off if we lose Lookman to Spurs.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 10, 2017, 08:02:40 PM
Reply #237

hannu

but to tell a young highly rated boy to pack his bags I'd be very surprised if this was true.

i wouldnt

October 10, 2017, 09:22:58 PM
Reply #238

SANA_DR0

Agree with this, I just dont get why Lookman has been taken out of the under 23 squad, and not even featured for us.
surely he needs game time, if its not going to be in the first team, stick him back in the under 23's.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 10, 2017, 09:44:47 PM
Reply #239

D15TIN

Genuine question... Why?

Spurs & Arsenal thought to be interested like, think it's quite clear he has potential and PACE which were absolutely crying out for. Joke of a decision if he leaves.

What annoys me about koeman is he has one quiet game and is thrown out of the team for weeks, Williams/gana/schneiderlin/martina can play how they like and be played constantly