October 22, 2019, 03:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 144164 times)

May 08, 2017, 06:00:55 AM
Read 144164 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Ex Barca youth player, currently tearing it up at Malaga

5 foot 9 striker

That's all I know!

For those of you who can't quite place that figure, that's about 6 inches shorter than Holgate.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 18, 2017, 11:15:16 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
No clearly not, but they train and are seasoned to be the best they can be and yes are total athletes, I just rocked up ran my bollocks off and then had a few pints...but I played 3 games a week, take one out and surely they should still be able to perform at the highest level with a break of 3 days between...just my opinion.

Wouldn't training every day add to the exhaustion?

May 18, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Not if they have the correct training programmes which I'm sure are tailored to suit each individual, I know with the swimmers I deal with, the training is suited to the upcoming meets/competitions so they are at their peek at those times, I know swimming is totally different to football, but the principles are the same, to ensure the individual is at his/her peak for that match/competition.

For ten months a year. In what (despite frequent lamentations) is still a contact sport.

I reckon they'd be fine for the first few months, but after a while the cumulative build-up of missed recovery time will cause either an injury or a massive drop in performance.

July 02, 2017, 05:33:07 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Me too, very interesting read it will be!

Written in the dourest possible words.

July 03, 2017, 12:03:28 AM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Really don't understand how they can be angry. They knew what they were signing and the release clause meant he was not only on a free but apparently paid an absolute pittance (by football standards) read he was on 5k a week

That's how it works. Give the player a bumper contract, release clause will be high, employ him on the cheap, and he'll dictate the release clause. (Which I think is mandatory in Spain.)

July 03, 2017, 02:18:34 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
111 pages, not too bad.