October 18, 2019, 03:42:23 PM

Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 143964 times)

June 22, 2017, 05:55:32 PM
Reply #960

hannu

Its harder to calculate what a player's value is with this sudden influx of money. But how much did we pay for Lookman? 7M? For a player who scored 5 goals in League 1. Sandro is an established striker. He's scored 14 goals in one of the best leagues in the world. Even with the so-called English tax factored in, Sandro should be worth 3 times what Lookman is worth.

wasnt it 11m for lookman?

June 22, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
Reply #961

Tinga

Too good to be true? Probably has some dodgy clauses in his contract I imagine.

June 22, 2017, 06:08:49 PM
Reply #962

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
wasnt it 11m for lookman?
With add ons yes.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 22, 2017, 06:13:39 PM
Reply #963

MmmblueBernard

Is contract Dave readying the legendary pen?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 22, 2017, 06:24:26 PM
Reply #964

hannu

With add ons yes.

from what ive seen of lookman he should be up to activating what ever the add ons are

June 22, 2017, 06:28:16 PM
Reply #965

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's pissing us around, move him on.

He's not though, is he. He couldn't have been plainer that he'd like to go somewhere that will challenge for the PL / CL this season.

The same as last season too of course. This didn't stop him from having a very good season.

If we add these extra players and still have him in the team we have a guarantee of goals plus hopefully more to add to them.

Whatever fee we get we're going to have a tough time replacing him either through a) finding a good player who wants to come and b) basically reshaping our forward line which might hinder cohesion at the start of the season.

June 22, 2017, 06:30:43 PM
Reply #966

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
from what ive seen of lookman he should be up to activating what ever the add ons are

Not so much last season, he had flashes, but after the U20s, I expect him to kick on.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 22, 2017, 06:33:52 PM
Reply #967

hannu

Not so much last season, he had flashes, but after the U20s, I expect him to kick on.
he is a young lad made a big step up from league 1, i think he has enough about him to make it as a prem player

June 22, 2017, 06:35:19 PM
Reply #968

Ridge

His low transfer fee, will probably be reflected in higher wages than he would usually expect. Undervalue release clauses often draw interest from far and wide and pretty much the only way to compete is higher wages.

In Spain every player automatically has a release clause, but it is directly proportional to wages. As far as I know he only had a low release clause because he was only on 5k or so.

I don't see much reason to think he would be that concerned about getting one. Atletico ban changed his plans, took bit of time to reassess, given he had no rush, any delays from there was more to do with tournament and focus on match.

Got impression that having come through at Barca, he wanted to go to Atletico as career choice rather than an undying allegiance.

June 22, 2017, 06:37:05 PM
Reply #969

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeh maybe so. I think I was just coming from the angle that he's still yet to play a minute of Premier League football so we don't know how he'll yet adapt, especially for a young kid playing abroad for the first time. I hope he smashes it but we shouldn't be surprised if he takes a little time to settle to a different type of football.

Only thing I worry about is him adapting to the country.

The Spanish are very hit and miss when it comes to that
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 22, 2017, 06:46:48 PM
Reply #970

WeimaranerBlues

no read previous posts but,if we are paying 5m plus and he is a flop them I am sure in this present climate of prices , we will recoup the cash,   on the other side if he is a roaring success then win win,

June 22, 2017, 06:48:15 PM
Reply #971

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Only thing I worry about is him adapting to the country.

The Spanish are very hit and miss when it comes to that

So are the British to be fair.

June 22, 2017, 06:49:27 PM
Reply #972

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He's not though, is he. He couldn't have been plainer that he'd like to go somewhere that will challenge for the PL / CL this season.

The same as last season too of course. This didn't stop him from having a very good season.

If we add these extra players and still have him in the team we have a guarantee of goals plus hopefully more to add to them.

Whatever fee we get we're going to have a tough time replacing him either through a) finding a good player who wants to come and b) basically reshaping our forward line which might hinder cohesion at the start of the season.

I'm talking about Barkley here, are you talking about Rom ?

June 22, 2017, 06:53:54 PM
Reply #973

Bluedylan

As much as it is the red Echo, it seems Kirkbride does still occasionally get a bit of information.

This is a brilliant signing, by any criteria. Even if he fails miserably, he'd be worth more than double what we paid. If he scores 10 by Christmas he'll be worth £30m+. And that's just the financial strength of the deal.

Hopefully, looking at the playing side, we've acquired a very exciting player who is capable of scoring goals at the top level now, with room for development, and someone who can play a number of forward positions.

Even the RS knobheads are acknowledging that this is 'an annoyingly good signing'.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 22, 2017, 06:55:38 PM
Reply #974

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm talking about Barkley here, are you talking about Rom ?

Yes, sorry!