October 20, 2019, 12:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 144067 times)

June 23, 2017, 04:55:04 AM
Reply #15

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't understand how they can drag their heels if the release clause has been met

Same way Liverpool did with Suarez & Arsenal.
Say no and tell the player to lawyer up and not play competitively for the months it will take to process through the courts

June 23, 2017, 12:54:24 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Can't do that with a release clause though - that's the point

Suarez had a release clause of "above 40m". That's why Arsenal bid 40,000,001.

But if you refuse to agree to the players registration transfer what are people going to do?
The only thing that can happen is the player can sue you (and your reputation in negotiations is tarnished).

But it takes months and months to sue someone. This clause in Contract law has never been tested in the courts so there would be loads of appeals (how long was Bosman out of the game for).

June 27, 2017, 09:46:20 PM
Reply #17

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think we need to show a bit more faith in the club when it comes to signing players now. It's a completley different Everton to that of Moyes and Kenwright

Well summer #1 under Moshiri & Koeman didn't seem to go any better than under Kenwright/Moyes.
Then January started to look like it was going to go a similar way.

But, fair enough, mid-Jan they pulled their finger out and it definitely seems like they have learned their lessons.

I'm glad we look to be fucking off the deadline day circus more than anythign else to be honest.

June 27, 2017, 10:08:16 PM
Reply #18

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They'd been through the door not even 5 minutes.

Anyone that was expecting anything other than the window we experienced is a fucking idiot and I said the same at the time. New investor, new DoF, new manager, none of whom had worked together or at the club before.

Fair enough.

But Moshiri had been there longer.
Koeman and Walsh had both actually had jobs before.

It's not synchronised swimming is it? It doesn't actually take coordination above and beyond -
Koeman: "I want this guy"
Walsh: "Farhad, do we have the money"
Moshiri: "yes"

After that they all go their seperate ways and do what needs to be done.

Don't make it out like it's some machiavellian process that can only happen after years of training in a hidden franciscan monastery up in the Alps

June 28, 2017, 02:43:34 AM
Reply #19

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
How do you gazump a fixed price transfer?

Plebheads

June 28, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
Reply #20

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Offer more wages?

That's not gazumping the deal though. That's getting somebody to breach a contract (if a deal exists)
Gazumping relates specifically to offering a higher purchase price in-between verbal & contractual agreements

June 29, 2017, 01:49:16 AM
Reply #21

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It has been a long day ,care to explain that ?

June 29, 2017, 03:18:48 PM
Reply #22

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-sandro-ramirez-malaga-transfer-13255178

Quite a bit of nonsense that article.

...frustrated at the release clause which was included in his contract when he arrived from Barcelona last summer, Malaga will not sign the release forms until his current contract has run its course. That contract expires on July 3,

If his contract was about to "run it's course" on July the 3rd then he would be free at that point and there would be no fee?

They are literally making things up.

July 02, 2017, 12:47:05 AM
Reply #23

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Can this officially be called a 'transfer saga' yet?

This would eclipse any other if he didn't sign.
Gilgamesh, Odysseus, Kiviuq, Ramayana, Aeneas, Dante, Maui, Sigurd, Ilya Muromets & Sandro. They're the epic sagas I'll be relating to my children in the coming years

July 02, 2017, 05:09:31 AM
Reply #24

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Gary Speed was always the fella I was most interested about hearing the story of why he left.

Then Southall told me it was because Speed wanted to eat pasta "and stuff" and everyone at Everton at the time was more into take aways and chips.

Infinitely less interesting than the stories I had dreamed up.

July 02, 2017, 05:24:56 AM
Reply #25

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Archie "baseball bat" Knox loved and fed into his own reputation.

July 02, 2017, 05:26:17 AM
Reply #26

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I know gary's dad, lived on the same estate. He doesnt give a lot away about why he left, difference of opinions is how he put it

That's the phrase Southall started with.
Difference of opinion.
He wanted to eat pasta and stuff, we all wanted takeaways and chips.
He was playing for a lot longer than most of us so he was probably right.

Were the exact words

July 03, 2017, 10:02:15 PM
Reply #27

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We're pretty hip nowadays aren't we?