October 22, 2019, 04:11:30 PM

Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 144184 times)

June 11, 2017, 04:28:41 PM
Read 144184 times

plowman2

Normally I would have moved on from signing Sandro, but it does seem a quite bizarre decision to sign for Atletico. For a young player to take a voluntary 6 month break at quite a critical time in his career with regard to development and making a name for himself seems possibly suicidal.
Depending on how well they are doing he might not make it of the bench for the rest of the season either.

There is also talk he may be loaned back to Malaga until January, but how committed will he be to them. I can’t imagine Atletico encouraging him to dive in for 50/50 balls and risk being injured long term either.
“I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately.”
― Tom Waits

June 28, 2017, 05:04:44 AM
Reply #1

plowman2

Unfortunately Sid Lowe is not the type of journalist that 'eats himself' (hence his last post) fortunately he's not buying into it, probably because his source is a journalist who ' eats himself'
― Tom Waits

June 28, 2017, 05:21:57 AM
Reply #2

plowman2

Yeah I was really impressed with his touch when receiveing balls at speed, either static or on the move, his touch is class.
Plus, he doesn't hide. I don't think there was one moment when he wasn't looking for the ball.
― Tom Waits

July 02, 2017, 02:58:50 AM
Reply #3

plowman2

This would eclipse any other if he didn't sign.
Gilgamesh, Odysseus, Kiviuq, Ramayana, Aeneas, Dante, Maui, Sigurd, Ilya Muromets & Sandro. They're the epic sagas I'll be relating to my children in the coming years
Your forgetting probably the greatest saga in history: the one and only Juan Roman Riquelme
― Tom Waits

July 02, 2017, 04:42:46 AM
Reply #4

plowman2

Hope Moyes does an autobiography one day - will be a fucking great read with some of the transfer dramas.
Me too, very interesting read it will be!
― Tom Waits

July 03, 2017, 05:31:43 AM
Reply #5

plowman2

Super Kevin Campbell giving some Liverpool fans grief after they've tried to diss the Sandro deal. Love it
Where? I'd read Kevin Cambell's shopping list just out of respect for the man, but if he's slagging the RS, even better!
― Tom Waits