October 22, 2018, 03:48:37 AM

Author Topic: Summer Spending  (Read 162848 times)

June 07, 2017, 02:47:37 AM
Reply #45

Lxxx

I don't give a fu** what anyone thinks, we (or Steve Walsh) needs to get a move on. He should have some targets from January and previous already sown up to an extent. At the end of the season I thought we needed a keeper, left back competition, right back competition, at least one centre back, an attacking midfielder and a couple of forwards. Now our best 2 offensive players are on the verge of leaving and nerd replacing big time, that makes 9 in total. We're basically fighting like fu** just to stay were we are! I thought we'd have had a couple agreed baring in mind we start so early also. We don't do big transfer business quickly and efficiently if history is anything to go by..... It'll have to be some shift in gear if we are going to surprise and excite everyone at the club as promised!

Go and have a smoke lad.

June 07, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
Reply #46

Lxxx

Not really an issue if we don't have a large net spend is it? It's the quality of our recruitment that counts and the big wedge we get from Lukaku will distort the figures, making it look like we've not done decent business when we probably will have expanded the squad massively.

June 07, 2017, 02:41:22 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

I still think Keane will come here because all the other options for him seem to be dwindling and he's a regular starter here.

Over and above that I've no idea what business we'll do. Not even Rooney is nailed on really.

June 08, 2017, 05:05:15 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Costa to Atletico, can't play until January, so a cheeky six month loan to keep him fresh and fit.....

or any player that Atletico sign....

It's not a bad idea in principle. No footballer wants to be sat on his arse but you don't want to use up one of your loan quotas on a 5 month stint. Sandro on loan from Atletico for the season works for all parties.

June 09, 2017, 02:36:34 AM
Reply #49

Lxxx

That's actually a really good shout.

It's really not. Where do Atletico find 70m quid from if they're not selling Griezmann.

June 09, 2017, 04:02:10 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

The shite have only signed Solanke haven't they?

June 09, 2017, 09:58:56 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

The initial players we were linked with have come to nothing, so far (Sandro, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Martina), we've had no movement on Barkley and our star striker is off, leaving an unproven 20 year old with only a handful of games under his belt as our only striker. I know it's still early but it all just feels so typically Everton.

June 09, 2017, 11:48:41 PM
Reply #52

Lxxx

Has sandro signed for atletico? I saw a rumour he was having a medical then nothing since. Is that deal done?

No idea mate but there's been nothing mentioning his name and Everton in the same sentence for a while.

June 13, 2017, 10:32:08 PM
Reply #53

Lxxx

You would think the c70m or so for Lukaku is in the bag then. I know we said we have money to spend but we still have to play within the FFP regulations.

June 13, 2017, 11:19:46 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

I hope Moshiri has learnt from last time and isn't texting the bell end.

June 14, 2017, 02:20:08 AM
Reply #55

Lxxx

You could probably add another 15m or so in the kitty for James McCarthy as well as I would imagine half a dozen games a season again doesn't work when we have over 60 games to play this year.

June 14, 2017, 07:38:24 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Walsh has booked a personal trip to seal the Geri transfer so he can meet the wife out there and share a room on work expenses. We've all done it.

June 14, 2017, 09:19:57 PM
Reply #57

Lxxx

Makes a change seeing this much movement in mid-June as opposed to middle of August.

June 16, 2017, 04:58:06 AM
Reply #58

Lxxx

As if we're gonna have all our business done by the end of June. Absolutely mental scenes. Poor Steve Walsh hasn't a clue what day it is at the minute.

June 19, 2017, 10:44:54 PM
Reply #59

Lxxx

Fucking great this summer. Seems we'll just have everyone. Pinching everyone's best youngsters, spending decent amounts on quality. Hopefully getting sandro for a fraction of his true worth. Really enjoying it.

The rumours are that Keane will be finalised imminently too. I can foresee another 'two in 24 hours' confirmed again like last week, just for the PR effect. Good times. Even my mates who don't support us are texting me telling me how impressed they are with Everton so far this window.