November 20, 2017, 11:24:11 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 9865 times)

May 16, 2017, 09:17:22 PM
Reply #15

Evertonian in NC

I guess you could say there were two Tiers in the Top 7 - Chelsea/Spurs, then the next 5.  Whereas it was treated more like it was all of the Top 6, then us.'

One could also argue three tiers, with us and United a half-click behind 3-5.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 16, 2017, 09:36:43 PM
Reply #16

formerKHL

lose....

May 16, 2017, 10:00:12 PM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I guess you could say there were two Tiers in the Top 7 - Chelsea/Spurs, then the next 5.  Whereas it was treated more like it was all of the Top 6, then us.'

One could also argue three tiers, with us and United a half-click behind 3-5.

lolol
I have to return some videotapes.

May 16, 2017, 10:36:17 PM
Reply #18

bacon sarnie

Lukaku needs a goal to wrap up the golden boot as Kane closes in, reckon if we get a pen or a free kick around the box he'll have it

Hope he's left to sulk on the bench for the first half to watch Lookman put two past that twat in the hat.

May 16, 2017, 11:27:30 PM
Reply #19

D15TIN

Hope he's left to sulk on the bench for the first half to watch Lookman put two past that twat in the hat.
be hard that considering hes on a different continent

May 16, 2017, 11:40:55 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Our home record is champions league form, our away record is mid table, quality additions should see that improve too

True. When you look at fixtures like Burnley and Watford away, shambolic games where we were still finding our feet and Ron was still making his mark on the squad, you'd like to think that we'd be able to eradicate those type of results next season with better quality both in goal and throughout the team.

My only concern is the potential losses in the squad like Lukaku and Barkley. Add to them and we should be able to kick on. Lose them and have to restructure again and who knows what next season may look like.

May 17, 2017, 01:11:19 AM
Reply #21

Rhys

True. When you look at fixtures like Burnley and Watford away, shambolic games where we were still finding our feet and Ron was still making his mark on the squad, you'd like to think that we'd be able to eradicate those type of results next season with better quality both in goal and throughout the team.

While we were finding our feet to a point I think there is more to it than just it was new because there have examples of really poor away games all over the season. Boro in February, West Ham in April, Swansea in May off the top of my head. I dont think we control games away, the tempo is lacking and dont have spells where we pin teams back well enough. Dont think its just one reason but I dont just think it's just down to having better players. We have a better team now than we did 7-10 years ago but back then we would have 15-20 minute spells away at average and poor teams where they couldnt get out.

So not necessarily better players but different types of players. Players like Rom and Ross when they arent in form make it hard to hold the ball, and because we dont have players who find space, receive the ball well, win free kicks, link well together like Pienaar, Osman, Arteta etc then it is hard to find consistent play away from home that can force teams back and struggle to get out. We have players like Davies, Gueye and Schneiderlin who can win it back quickly so that element is ready but it for me it is the players high up we need to add to the team who can help us control and dominate these kind of teams away from home that we have struggled to this season.

May 17, 2017, 01:32:30 AM
Reply #22

Lxxx

While we were finding our feet to a point I think there is more to it than just it was new because there have examples of really poor away games all over the season. Boro in February, West Ham in April, Swansea in May off the top of my head. I dont think we control games away, the tempo is lacking and dont have spells where we pin teams back well enough. Dont think its just one reason but I dont just think it's just down to having better players. We have a better team now than we did 7-10 years ago but back then we would have 15-20 minute spells away at average and poor teams where they couldnt get out.

So not necessarily better players but different types of players. Players like Rom and Ross when they arent in form make it hard to hold the ball, and because we dont have players who find space, receive the ball well, win free kicks, link well together like Pienaar, Osman, Arteta etc then it is hard to find consistent play away from home that can force teams back and struggle to get out. We have players like Davies, Gueye and Schneiderlin who can win it back quickly so that element is ready but it for me it is the players high up we need to add to the team who can help us control and dominate these kind of teams away from home that we have struggled to this season.

True. The next stage in our evolution needs to be players who are comfortable with the ball and not just passing it 5 yards to each other but keeping and using it with intent, all over the pitch.

May 17, 2017, 01:34:50 AM
Reply #23

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

It's why Vardy would be great for us. Or that type of player.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 17, 2017, 02:21:20 AM
Reply #24

eyesalwaysblue

It's why Vardy would be great for us. Or that type of player.
would score plenty but couldn't stand the cheating skank  being in our blue...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 17, 2017, 02:27:24 AM
Reply #25

bacon sarnie

be hard that considering hes on a different continent

Who/where?

May 17, 2017, 02:33:27 AM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

May 17, 2017, 03:25:48 AM
Reply #27

Macca77

Sanchez closing in the golden boot, one behind Rom now

May 17, 2017, 03:27:25 AM
Reply #28

indiantoffee1975

I
Sanchez closing in the golden boot, one behind Rom now

I think Sanchez will take that Golden Boot after Sundays game.

May 17, 2017, 03:34:36 AM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I

I think Sanchez will take that Golden Boot after Sundays game.

Kane could be there too, he's two behind and they've two games left against beatable teams.

Lukaku could end being 3rd.