February 22, 2018, 03:14:13 PM

Author Topic: Deulofeu  (Read 24044 times)

June 19, 2017, 02:58:12 PM
Reply #120

Cereal Killer

lolol

they can probably picture the likes of West Ham or Newcastle shelling out 25m+ on him next summer....

June 19, 2017, 03:28:44 PM
Reply #121

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's a political decision. There's been a lot of fuss about losing their identity and not using the youth system for their squad as they did a few years ago (probably missing the point that Pedro, Busquets etc were top class players).

June 19, 2017, 03:52:47 PM
Reply #122

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's a political decision. There's been a lot of fuss about losing their identity and not using the youth system for their squad as they did a few years ago (probably missing the point that Pedro, Busquets etc were top class players).

them reportedly losing a couple of 'gems' this summer has probably hastened this prodigal son routine tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 19, 2017, 03:57:42 PM
Reply #123

Lxxx

Didn't Martinez say they had to play him in that year also, as part of the agreement?

I don't think any contract would stipulate they must be picked. They can probably do whatever they like with him for a year bar sell him on again at profit. 

June 19, 2017, 04:00:45 PM
Reply #124

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Makes you wonder why he would accept it, he probably knows that he won't be picked by Barca, then again he's unlikely to be picked by us either.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 19, 2017, 04:04:31 PM
Reply #125

Lxxx

Makes you wonder why he would accept it, he probably knows that he won't be picked by Barca, then again he's unlikely to be picked by us either.

In the absence of any real interest by anyone Barcelona is as good a city to be sat on your arse as any.

June 19, 2017, 04:07:32 PM
Reply #126

hamshank33

I don't think any contract would stipulate they must be picked. They can probably do whatever they like with him for a year bar sell him on again at profit. 
I'm not saying all season,but say he tears the Prem a new one in his first or second season,he still not good enough for them but they buy him back and sell him on ( Chelsea style)in just twelve months.I think it was alluded to that is why they had to play him a certain amount. I thought when Martinez said it, OK they have covered that angle,Good. However it wouldn't have been the first load of Bull to come out of him.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?hmm hmm?

June 19, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Reply #127

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

June 19, 2017, 04:18:49 PM
Reply #128

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
or there is a loophole that if he wants to leave he can....... Never know with the Old Everton

June 19, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
Reply #129

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
or there is a loophole that if he wants to leave he can....... Never know with the Old Everton

I suppose if his family is over there then it means he will at least spend 12 months with them, with a slim chance of getting in the Barca team, rather than 12 months over here with a slim chance of getting in our team.

I'm still kind of gutted it's not worked out for him.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 19, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #130

ally2

Yeah it's a shame. He can be so good but he is so flaky. Just wish he could get super fit and strong then he'd be a different player.

June 19, 2017, 05:14:55 PM
Reply #131

toffee_scot

It's a shame that it hasn't really worked out great for Deulofeu especially since Koeman has been the manager.

I'm surprised that Barca are now deciding to trigger the buy-back clause but we all knew back when Deulofeu was signed that there were strings attached and even if he had turned out to be one of the best wingers in the PL that Barcelona would sooner or later have exercised their right to bring him back.

Of course Deulofeu would still have to agree to a move but I doubt he would fancy working again under Koeman when a club like Barcelona are reaching out to him again.

June 19, 2017, 05:30:03 PM
Reply #132

di_guyo

I think he will go on to have a good career. He will not make the grade at Barca, will go to a midtable side, flourish and then end up back at Barca again when he's in his prime.
Everton & Atleti

June 19, 2017, 05:36:38 PM
Reply #133

MmmBlueRamirez

Mixed feelings.

Sad that he's leaving because there's always an element of 'what if' with players of particular levels of footballing talent.

But then, looking at the bigger picture, if he's replaced by someone who can have a bigger net contribution then that's a good thing.

For me he leaves with some good memories. Those early crosses for Lukaku were sublime and ridiculous in equal measures.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 19, 2017, 07:31:06 PM
Reply #134

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently he's replacing Messi who will be moving back into midfield.

Incredible that a player with a mediocre resume as his will be the one to replace the world's best player in his position.

Well, good luck to him, and it will be interesting to see how he makes out.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles