November 17, 2017, 11:47:32 PM

Author Topic: Olivier Giroud  (Read 35301 times)

July 30, 2017, 03:37:44 AM
Reply #435

GrantyBoy78

Apparently the bid has been on the table for 3 weeks. At least Sigurdsson has been progressing (albeit slowly) and given the stature the the selling club, there's been a certain inevitability about us getting him. With Giroud, it's a different matter. Arsenal could just sit on this and Giroud might me happy to play the bit of a squad player. Bit concerning if we've put all our eggs in this basket.

deCoubertin

July 30, 2017, 03:50:47 AM
Reply #436

Buck76

Just can't see the Arse letting him go, would be madness! Wengers picking him to appease him now but he still looks better in blue.... fingers crossed but we need a decent alternative or all our great early business will mean nothing.

July 30, 2017, 03:00:43 PM
Reply #437

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I've really got my heart set on this guy. But head says that it won't happen.

July 30, 2017, 11:57:33 PM
Reply #438

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lacazette just limped off in their last game of the Emirates Cup. Hopefully not a big deal.

July 31, 2017, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #439

School of Science

Lacazette just limped off in their last game of the Emirates Cup. Hopefully not a big deal.

Everton that
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 31, 2017, 04:32:40 AM
Reply #440

LucoEfc

Rumours that he's keen on a move to everton *taps nose*

All down to Sanchez and who they can get in.

I'd guess he wants to be at a club where he is first choice. World cup season

August 02, 2017, 08:00:47 PM
Reply #441

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Now PSG have found a way around FFP to get Neymar (they're going to pay him 300m outside of football, so as to put it under infrastructure/back room costs. He is then going to use 220m to buy out his own contract, pocket 80m and then sign a new contract with PSG that will fit within their FFP obligations) it would seem they have ended their interest in Sanchez.

Which is good news for us if we really are after Giroud.

August 02, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Reply #442

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
PSG really are the biggest fake, plastic club in the world. Horrible club. Neymar is already at the best club in the world, what could he possibly achieve in France that isn't already better in Spain?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 02, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
Reply #443

School of Science

PSG really are the biggest fake, plastic club in the world. Horrible club. Neymar is already at the best club in the world, what could he possibly achieve in France that isn't already better in Spain?

Yes fancy only offering 198m, you'd have thought they'd have thrown the extra 2m on the fee to round it up, cheapskates.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 02, 2017, 09:01:48 PM
Reply #444

Lincs Toffee

Now PSG have found a way around FFP to get Neymar (they're going to pay him 300m outside of football, so as to put it under infrastructure/back room costs. He is then going to use 220m to buy out his own contract, pocket 80m and then sign a new contract with PSG that will fit within their FFP obligations) it would seem they have ended their interest in Sanchez.

Which is good news for us if we really are after Giroud.

Even better news as it surely means Cuntinho will leave the shite for Barca
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

August 02, 2017, 09:04:51 PM
Reply #445

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe Del will get a game ;)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 02, 2017, 09:08:59 PM
Reply #446

Lincs Toffee

Maybe Del will get a game ;)
I still wish he was here, I know he was crap defensively, but still think he will turn out to be a decent player given the right coaching and we are seriously missing his pace in the team at the minute.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

August 02, 2017, 09:45:07 PM
Reply #447

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

All I'd say in his defence is that maybe he wants to get out of the shadow of Messi. If Messi is going to be there for a few more years, he's not going to be the main man at that club for a long time yet.

August 02, 2017, 09:49:53 PM
Reply #448

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I still wish he was here, I know he was crap defensively, but still think he will turn out to be a decent player given the right coaching and we are seriously missing his pace in the team at the minute.
Has he even been in a matchsquad yet ?

August 02, 2017, 10:07:53 PM
Reply #449

Lincs Toffee

Has he even been in a matchsquad yet ?
Not sure mate I don't really follow Barca