September 19, 2018, 12:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Olivier Giroud  (Read 47496 times)

June 07, 2017, 06:52:02 PM
Read 47496 times

Ross

Please not Giroud. That way hoofball lies.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 08, 2017, 05:06:33 AM
Reply #1

Ross

Now he's got his own thread this thing could run.

Unlike the subject matter who just ambles about with a mirror in his pocket.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 03, 2017, 01:17:20 AM
Reply #2

Ross

I'd be worried that Giroud and Sigurdsson would make us very pedestrian as an attacking force.

July 03, 2017, 08:52:26 PM
Reply #3

Ross

The top teams have gone this route several times as well. Chelsea with Drogba coming back, Utd with Ibrahimovich and Henrik Laarson for example.

No fees involved in any of them deals if iirc and even if there was they're clearly working in a different financial world to us.

July 03, 2017, 09:09:27 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Apart from huge signing on fees and wages.

20 million is not a lot of money for us anymore.

You think Giroud won't want a singing on fee and wages?

July 03, 2017, 09:34:36 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Of course, but it won't be a huge signing on fee as if he was a feebie.

Look at the bigger picture. We have signed half a team for the amount we're likely to get from the sale of Lukaku. I'm sure we can afford to write off 20 million for the sake of a proven premiership striker who can come into the team and do the job instantly. And it won't even be a write off because our chances for success are greater. We get a striker who would probably score 80% of the goals Lukaku does, plus is more of a team player which will be vital to the way we play.

This really is a no brainer. Older, proven, experienced forwards as the one's I've mentioned, can still do a job.

The bigger picture would see us buying someone who was entering their prime not leaving it.

There's a risk of tying down a 31 year old to a very long contract that the next manager in in two years really has no plans for so he's left draining our wage bill while we've got no way of recuperating anything. We've seen it before when the tv money started rolling in and we did this sort of thing with Campbell and Ferguson and soon regretted it. We're even seeing it now at Utd with Rooney.

We don't need to make the same mistakes over and over again. The only way we'll bridge the gap to the richer teams above us is by being smart with our money, not by being cavalier and throwing it about at anyone.

July 16, 2017, 12:14:56 AM
Reply #6

Ross

I imagine there's a few who get carried away with who theor club could sign and convince themselves that he's coming, even if there's only the smallest amount of circumstantial evidence.

We all certainly do that on here!

This is what's so awful about those twitter accounts with a few thousand followers who pretend to be ITK. 

July 20, 2017, 02:45:50 AM
Reply #7

Ross

I've seen that look before during many a summer.

He's pretending to be deep in contemplation while have a sly piss in the water.

July 22, 2017, 02:34:15 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Still working on my Dutch what's it say?

July 29, 2017, 10:27:14 PM
Reply #9

Ross

Surely we'd not be so cavalier over such an important position to fill?

September 25, 2017, 04:51:50 AM
Reply #10

Ross

Can't see what the obsession is with some of our fans and this fella.