November 23, 2017, 05:42:26 PM

Author Topic: Jags  (Read 2262 times)

June 18, 2017, 05:28:07 AM
Reply #15

Macca77

One hell of a player for us, met him a few times, hes a really nice fella, be sad to see him go

deCoubertin

June 18, 2017, 05:40:51 AM
Reply #16

cantoffee

I think it's unlikely.

Still probably our best defender, and we have plenty of games next year even if we sign two new first choice center halves.

June 18, 2017, 06:00:08 AM
Reply #17

Robioto

One of my favourite ever Everton players (hence the same avatar for many years). I'll be gutted if he goes, still think he has something to offer next season. If he does go back to Sheff United, what a great way to end his career.

If he does go it really will signify the start of a new Everton era. But I hope he stays.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:26:39 AM by Robioto »

June 18, 2017, 06:25:06 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Blades I know would absolutely love to have him back.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 18, 2017, 06:49:13 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
People keep saying he's our best CB and I agree.

However none of our three CBs in Jags, Williams and Funes Mori showed last season that they're good enough to start in an Everton side looking to make the next step.

Considering Williams was actually signed by Koeman then I don't think he'd be particularly reluctant to let Jags go.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:36:46 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 18, 2017, 07:19:05 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would love for him to stay another season. He'll get plenty of games for us with Europe. He's still got it, but just needs to be treated kinder.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 18, 2017, 08:24:39 AM
Reply #21

Thomas

We're never getting £10m for him, we'll do well to get 5 given his age etc.

Love Jags though, been (and currently still is) a great servant of the club. One of many players we have that are good, honest professionals who keep themselves out the limelight and are a great example and credit to the club. I've never thought he justified the stick he's had, especially more recently, players age but he's never given anything less than 100%.

Still one of my favourite Everton players. No bullshit centre half and model professional. Tragedy he has never won anything here AND that he never got to play in the 2009 FA Cup Final.

June 18, 2017, 02:15:59 PM
Reply #22

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Still one of my favourite Everton players. No bullshit centre half and model professional. Tragedy he has never won anything here AND that he never got to play in the 2009 FA Cup Final.

That cruel twist f fate that robbed us of him, Arteta and The Yak - the spine of our team - is one of life's greatest 'fuck you's'
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 18, 2017, 02:54:28 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Be gutted when he goes. Will feel like a true end to the Moyes era for me and he's brilliant. He would still have a role to play here but he's always been someone who wants to play and if he won't have those guarantees now. He will get one hell of a reception if he moves and ever plays against us. I actually think he's been a great captain as well.

June 18, 2017, 03:27:03 PM
Reply #24

D_murph0278

Jags must be on at least £50 - £60k a week. Sheff Utd are piss poor and have been for years. They'd struggle to pay anyone £20k a week I would've thought.
Can't see it happening.... Maybe Warnock would like him at Cardiff, somewhere like that. Anyway, I'd rather we got rid of Williams than Jags. I don't rate him at all tbh.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

June 18, 2017, 03:45:47 PM
Reply #25

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Given the amount of time he spent outside the first team last season, I don't think Koeman agrees with many of our assessment (mine included) that he's the best CB we currently have. So this wouldnt surprise me.

June 18, 2017, 03:48:32 PM
Reply #26

ally2

He wasn't great for the first half of the season but was our best defender I thought by the end. We do need to move on with at least one new centre half though. I'd keep him for another season unless he wants to go elsewhere to play more.

June 18, 2017, 03:53:43 PM
Reply #27

blue1948

I hope the final decision is his ,he has been and still is a great servant to this club and therefore deserves the chance to choose  and not be just cast aside .Thanks for your efforts Phil if you read this

June 18, 2017, 04:24:09 PM
Reply #28

Alanvideo

Thanks for this Jags.........

We are special ,we are Everton.

June 18, 2017, 04:26:10 PM
Reply #29

School of Science

That cruel twist f fate that robbed us of him, Arteta and The Yak - the spine of our team - is one of life's greatest 'fuck you's'

Always thought that, to lose the whole spine of your team, best central defender, best midfielder and best striker before playing Chelsea in the final, was incredible bad luck.
You could even say ......Only Everton ... Still think we would have won that with them three playing.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15