Read 2241 times

Lxxx

The end could be nigh.....

https://twitter.com/theflzone/status/876090282072264704

deCoubertin

June 18, 2017, 04:47:22 AM
Reply #1

Cozzie

Makes sense this, it would be a great way for him to end his career.

One of my favorite players since he signed, been a hell of a servant and a cracking guy to boot.

Wish him the best.

June 18, 2017, 04:48:46 AM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be gutted if he left without winning a trophy here.

June 18, 2017, 04:50:47 AM
Reply #3

ally2

yeah good on him.  i was never a massive fan but i really don't know why because he cares a lot about the club, has been an amazing 'servant' to us, and is an all round good egg.  shame there couldn't be a proper send off (if true) unless its a friendly sometime soon.

June 18, 2017, 04:51:08 AM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Cant see him dropping down.  Just wishful thinking from Sheff Utd fans.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 18, 2017, 04:52:15 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Makes sense this, it would be a great way for him to end his career.

One of my favorite players since he signed, been a hell of a servant and a cracking guy to boot.

Wish him the best.

Yeah, I echo all of that.

Top lad, and a superb one on one defender.

His partnership with Lescott was such a relief after years of really good but old and slow CB's (Watson, Gough, Weir) meant that we could finally play a higher line without being terrified of the opposition getting in behind and leaving it all to Joey Yobo 😄

Being honest here though, apart from his wobbly patch early in the season, he is miles better than Funes Mori and Williams, even at his age.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:30:05 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 18, 2017, 04:53:14 AM
Reply #6

Cozzie

Cant see him dropping down.  Just wishful thinking from Sheff Utd fans.

I think he himself probably feels it would be a decent drop down, he is loved by Sheff United fans and he loves them, he will do a cracking job at championship level and if he stays here I think he will no doubt be 4th/5th choice.

I can see this happening.

June 18, 2017, 05:00:28 AM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
If he decides to go then fair play to him, particularly if it's a drop down to have a few years with Sheffield United.  Would speak volumes about the kind of guy he is.

Would be happy to have him stick around in the squad for another year or two though personally, although completely get he'd look to leave because he won't get much playing time.

June 18, 2017, 05:07:54 AM
Reply #8

indiantoffee1975

Surely this would mean a deal for Keane is imminent.

June 18, 2017, 05:10:28 AM
Reply #9

arteta4spain

If he does go how much could we ask for is 10 mill taking the piss. It seems a lot but with the way prices are and could eventually go. I don't think it's that unrealistic despite his age. Who would be captain? Baines? Barry? I'd have Baines as captain until Seamus is back. 😉

June 18, 2017, 05:11:20 AM
Reply #10

arteta4spain

Surely this would mean a deal for Keane is imminent.
Hopefully. Despite getting him last season I'd rather Williams went and Jags stayed tbh.

June 18, 2017, 05:13:36 AM
Reply #11

Ross

Hopefully it's not true because he's till the best defender on our books. You'd think there's enough games next year to keep him even if we bring in at least 1 centeback and Holgate or Galloway are more involved centrally.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 18, 2017, 05:15:10 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
If he does go how much could we ask for is 10 mill taking the piss. It seems a lot but with the way prices are and could eventually go. I don't think it's that unrealistic despite his age. Who would be captain? Baines? Barry? I'd have Baines as captain until Seamus is back. 😉

We're never getting 10m for him, we'll do well to get 5 given his age etc.

Love Jags though, been (and currently still is) a great servant of the club. One of many players we have that are good, honest professionals who keep themselves out the limelight and are a great example and credit to the club. I've never thought he justified the stick he's had, especially more recently, players age but he's never given anything less than 100%.

June 18, 2017, 05:17:44 AM
Reply #13

indiantoffee1975

Hopefully. Despite getting him last season I'd rather Williams went and Jags stayed tbh.

I think Williams could benefit from a break. He pretty much signed for us straight after the euros. I wasn't overly impressed with him last season but I believe a good break and then return for pre season training we might see a different Ashley Williams next season.

June 18, 2017, 05:20:38 AM
Reply #14

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Hes 34, and for a good chunk of last season was written off as finished by most(myself included).  I wouldnt expect to receive any fee for him.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.