June 20, 2019, 08:41:03 PM

Author Topic: Gazza  (Read 3821 times)

June 01, 2019, 04:58:38 AM
Reply #15

BlueBeagle

There's only so much people can do.

How many times have former colleagues paid for treatment for the fella in rehab only to have it thrown back at them a few months later when he goes and gets smashed off his nut and the cycle starts again.

1) Drinks himself to the point of looking like death.
2) Gets sent to rehab by pals.
3) Does fine for a few months.
4) Repeat for, what, 15 years now?

I'm sure there will be people out there who will say it's down to addiction so he's not to blame but I've got no sympathy now.

Literally a case of when, not if, he takes it too far now. Wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly soon either.

June 01, 2019, 05:56:31 AM
Reply #16

sam of the south

ASD as in autism? Never once heard that about him.

Do you mean ADD (attention deficit disorder)?

Well, all the afflictions he has (particularly ADHD and his tics, especially the vocal ones)increase the likelihood that he has ASD
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 01, 2019, 06:00:32 AM
Reply #17

sam of the south

There's only so much people can do.

How many times have former colleagues paid for treatment for the fella in rehab only to have it thrown back at them a few months later when he goes and gets smashed off his nut and the cycle starts again.

1) Drinks himself to the point of looking like death.
2) Gets sent to rehab by pals.
3) Does fine for a few months.
4) Repeat for, what, 15 years now?

I'm sure there will be people out there who will say it's down to addiction so he's not to blame but I've got no sympathy now.

Literally a case of when, not if, he takes it too far now. Wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly soon either.

I don’t see how losing faith in someone’s ability to help themselves and feeling sympathetic towards them are mutually exclusive things.

I agree, he is on a constant loop of disaster, but I still feel sad about it.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 01, 2019, 01:14:56 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

I don’t see how losing faith in someone’s ability to help themselves and feeling sympathetic towards them are mutually exclusive things.

I agree, he is on a constant loop of disaster, but I still feel sad about it.

That’s my thinking. It’s obviously his own doing and he’s obviously an idiot but it’s still tragic

June 01, 2019, 05:05:57 PM
Reply #19

Tinga

Do you lot mean the video where he's begging for Coke? It's fucking sad, wish I never watched it tbh.

June 01, 2019, 05:23:33 PM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Strange way to treat your "hero" isn't it. Take a video of him in a bad way and slap it all over social media just to add to another long list of his humiliations. Although that was probably the guy's intentions right form the start, I doubt he's even his hero.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:24:39 PM by Gash »

June 01, 2019, 06:35:48 PM
Reply #21

Mayor Farnum

Check the small print on the ticket in case of cancellation.

June 01, 2019, 06:40:37 PM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

Probably gonna avoid watching it, having read the comments on here. Cheers for the heads up.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 01, 2019, 07:20:54 PM
Reply #23

Tinga

Probably gonna avoid watching it, having read the comments on here. Cheers for the heads up.

Yeah I wouldn't. With how old he looks it's like watching your grandad doing it, definitely avoid, you've all been warned.

June 01, 2019, 09:32:35 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I wouldn't. With how old he looks it's like watching your grandad doing it, definitely avoid, you've all been warned.

Not just old but like.. Empty. So vulnerable and desperate, truly fucking haunting I thought.

The stuff we put ourselves through, honestly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 02, 2019, 01:51:19 AM
Reply #25

Robioto

It's pretty shocking really. And I'm not easily shocked these days.

June 04, 2019, 01:48:03 PM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

A guy I work with, Dennis, saw him in a hotel reception (maybe last year) and he helped him order a taxi because he was that done in, the girl on the reception desk couldn't understand him. He translated to the girl where the taxi needed to go and after, Gazza said to him 'Thanks mate, do you want to take a picture with me?' Dennis says 'Why?' and he says 'I'm Gazza!' and sticks his tongue out like a mad thing.

It's at this point that Dennis, early 40's, who's been a football supporter all his life, watched a few England games in Euro 96, realises who he's been helping. He said it was one of the worst things he's ever seen. 'Total destruction' he called it.

It's ok thinking he had the world at his feet, lived his dreams, travelled the world, got paid shitloads and was famous but looking at him now - would you swap places with that poor fella?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 04, 2019, 09:03:02 PM
Reply #27

formerKHL

One of his issues is he craves attention...not in "i'm famous" way but in "I wanna be everyone's friend" kinda way...

people play to this to be seen with gazza….buy him drinks..get him pissed....and the cycle goes on...

he could say no to them....poor bloke just cant though....
sad...

June 04, 2019, 10:50:39 PM
Reply #28

ZVictorOne

One of his issues is he craves attention...not in "i'm famous" way but in "I wanna be everyone's friend" kinda way...

people play to this to be seen with gazza….buy him drinks..get him pissed....and the cycle goes on...

Met him around 2007 in a restaurant in London. I was with my girlfriend at the time and our four kids. He was completely off his head. When he found out I was an Everton fan we couldn't get rid of him, offering autographs and pictures. His Dad and Sister were there but they just left him to get on with it. Felt sorry for him in the end, he was in a bad state.
sad...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:51:58 PM by ZVictorOne »
ZVictorOne

June 05, 2019, 05:44:39 PM
Reply #29

Hesmenos

sad...
I think the craving attention thing is probably right. I lived in Rome when Gazza went to Lazio and his wife's children went to my school. We had an annual game where the school team would play the teachers and he turned out for the teacher's team. It was great fun for us to play against him but I don't know what he got out of it. It's not like he was hanging out with his kids, as we were 6th form and his kids were in primary. He hung around with us quite a bit after the game and invited us for beers at his house as my mate lived near him in Bracciano. Maybe he was lonely and just someone that always needs to have people around him