June 25, 2019, 02:30:17 PM

Author Topic: Gazza  (Read 3929 times)

June 09, 2019, 02:58:11 AM
Reply #30

Mayor Farnum

Embarrassed he ever played for us. As soon as Smith approached the board with the notion of signing him Smith should have been sacked.

June 09, 2019, 03:15:54 AM
Reply #31

Tony Clifton

Embarrassed he ever played for us. As soon as Smith approached the board with the notion of signing him Smith should have been sacked.

I feel that a little about his time here too, but more embarrassed at how much of a shambles we generally were back then.  Whenever I see "ex-Everton, Paul Gascoigne..." I don't even feel like he really played for us anyway... Feels like he was just passing through on another bender.  Probably was.

poor bastard looks like he's been slowly melting for a while now, needs to get a grip, fast.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:25:53 AM by Tony Clifton »

June 09, 2019, 04:12:14 AM
Reply #32

Jacko4468

He was my hero of mine on the field even tho he didnít play for us til near the end. Went to see his show last year, wish Iíd never gone. Left with a disappointed feeling. What a talent he was and what he could of been

June 09, 2019, 05:51:29 AM
Reply #33

Paddockoldie

He was my hero of mine on the field even tho he didnít play for us til near the end. Went to see his show last year, wish Iíd never gone. Left with a disappointed feeling. What a talent he was and what he could of been

Without meaning to sound snide, I have little sympathy for him. He's had more opportunity than most to address his issues, access to the best help wereas many who really wanted to stop couldn't get what he's been given. I worked in addiction services for many years and alcohol is a cruel drug that rots you from inside out, wereas other drugs show outside first. He's a dead man walking and a sad case alright but he's been given enough to change it.

June 09, 2019, 01:33:18 PM
Reply #34

BlueNoseMike

Well, all the afflictions he has (particularly ADHD and his tics, especially the vocal ones)increase the likelihood that he has ASD

Don't just say he has ASC as if it's fact or true. There's plenty of other traits that he quite clearly doesn't possess

June 09, 2019, 03:19:55 PM
Reply #35

D15TIN

He looks a lot better on recent social media posts

June 09, 2019, 03:40:28 PM
Reply #36

sam of the south

Don't just say he has ASC as if it's fact or true. There's plenty of other traits that he quite clearly doesn't possess

You donít need a full set out symptoms to be on the spectrum, thatís why itís called a spectrum.

I have a lot of experience on this, both with my own child, and working with clients.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 09, 2019, 09:43:31 PM
Reply #37

BlueNoseMike

You donít need a full set out symptoms to be on the spectrum, thatís why itís called a spectrum.

I have a lot of experience on this, both with my own child, and working with clients.

I get that, but you need to meet certain levels in each domain, a crucial part of it being difficulty in social interactions isn't it? If you only meet criteria in certain domains and not others, you won't be diagnosed with ASC

June 09, 2019, 10:54:51 PM
Reply #38

sam of the south

I get that, but you need to meet certain levels in each domain, a crucial part of it being difficulty in social interactions isn't it? If you only meet criteria in certain domains and not others, you won't be diagnosed with ASC

Heís on the spectrum in all but name: Tourettes, OCD, ADHD, are all quite a lot for anyone to bear, let alone someone who is as much in the public eye as he is, and being around people that have always laughed at his afflictions.

June 09, 2019, 11:03:57 PM
Reply #39

BlueNoseMike

Heís on the spectrum in all but name: Tourettes, OCD, ADHD, are all quite a lot for anyone to bear, let alone someone who is as much in the public eye as he is, and being around people that have always laughed at his afflictions.

I'm not gonna get into this debate to be honest but having a diagnosis of ADHD, tourettes or OCD does not automatically mean someone has ASC. Yes, some of their presentations overlap but an individual can any of them without the others. Based on observation Gazza doesn't present as ASC to me

June 09, 2019, 11:15:11 PM
Reply #40

sam of the south

I'm not gonna get into this debate to be honest but having a diagnosis of ADHD, tourettes or OCD does not automatically mean someone has ASC. Yes, some of their presentations overlap but an individual can any of them without the others. Based on observation Gazza doesn't present as ASC to me

Itís really just semantics, mate.

Read my last post.

Iím saying that having the afflictions he has and being as famous as he is was always going to be problematic. 

June 09, 2019, 11:32:02 PM
Reply #41

BlueNoseMike

Itís really just semantics, mate.

Read my last post.

Iím saying that having the afflictions he has and being as famous as he is was always going to be problematic. 

That I can agree on! Just not the plucking labels out of thin air

June 09, 2019, 11:33:29 PM
Reply #42

sam of the south

That I can agree on! Just not the plucking labels out of thin air

Good for you, sport 👍🏼

June 09, 2019, 11:44:06 PM
Reply #43

BlueNoseMike

Good for you, sport 👍🏼

Now you're a doctor and condescending, nice one. Let's just stop all the autism debate on a football forum, hope you read more into it when/if you get chance. To say he is on the spectrum, or would meet criteria based on what you have said is misinformed. Sport

June 09, 2019, 11:53:17 PM
Reply #44

sam of the south

Now you're a doctor and condescending, nice one. Let's just stop all the autism debate on a football forum, hope you read more into it when/if you get chance. To say he is on the spectrum, or would meet criteria based on what you have said is misinformed. Sport

Calm down, sport