December 09, 2019, 09:27:24 PM

Author Topic: Gazza  (Read 4939 times)

June 10, 2019, 12:12:20 AM
Reply #45

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Based on the 'evidence' above he may have ASC.
Further based on the 'evidence' above he may not have ASC.

Have I got that right as a summing up? 😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 10, 2019, 12:26:47 AM
Reply #46

BlueNoseMike

Based on the 'evidence' above he may have ASC.
Further based on the 'evidence' above he may not have ASC.

Have I got that right as a summing up? 😊

There's no evidence to suggest he has a diagnosis or would meet criteria but the chaps going round labelling people. I suppose it's fine in this context of an online forum but I hope he just doesn't do that so willy nilly all the time. Dangerous territory

June 10, 2019, 12:33:16 AM
Reply #47

sam of the south

There's no evidence to suggest he has a diagnosis or would meet criteria but the chaps going round labelling people. I suppose it's fine in this context of an online forum but I hope he just doesn't do that so willy nilly all the time. Dangerous territory

Waah! 😂😭

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

June 10, 2019, 12:57:38 AM
Reply #48

Stumpy

I don't know what it was about gazza,but i just couldn't take to the guy.He allways came across to me as kid in a mans body.His talent was never in question,when Spurs won the cup in 1991 he dragged them though the earlier rounds almost single handed and then in the final was off after 15 mins with his knee in bits from a suicidal tackle he did on gary charles as he was so hyped up.He deserved to walk up the steps to collect his winners medal after his heroics in the earlier rounds,the reason he didn't was simply down to his own stupidity with the wild tackle.That summed him up to a tee.When the bbc interviewed him after he destroyed arsenal in the semi final if you didn't know who he was you would think they were talking to some lunatic from the madhouse.After he was left out of the squad by hoddle for the 1998 world cup and he took it badly,damaging a hotel room,sombody wrote a column in one of the tabloids monstering him and I couldn't disagree with a word that the guy said.

June 10, 2019, 02:07:07 AM
Reply #49

BlueNoseMike

Waah! 😂😭

The classic internet response

June 10, 2019, 02:18:50 AM
Reply #50

sam of the south

The classic internet response

I dont know why youre so upset.

I stated an opinion, based on some fact, some observation, and some personal experience.

The conditions he has (the fact part) are all very debilitating even in isolation, let alone together.

And yet all you are concerned about (really concerned about btw) is proving that my opinion was wrong, even though you admit that it could be right.

Who cares! Its just an internet forum, mate, and you seem to agree with me that his level of fame and afflictions must be hard to live with, so to be so concerned with the minutiae and semantics of my opinion is a tad pedantic.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

June 10, 2019, 03:29:50 AM
Reply #51

BlueNoseMike

I dont know why youre so upset.

I stated an opinion, based on some fact, some observation, and some personal experience.

The conditions he has (the fact part) are all very debilitating even in isolation, let alone together.

And yet all you are concerned about (really concerned about btw) is proving that my opinion was wrong, even though you admit that it could be right.

Who cares! Its just an internet forum, mate, and you seem to agree with me that his level of fame and afflictions must be hard to live with, so to be so concerned with the minutiae and semantics of my opinion is a tad pedantic.

I'm not upset, I just wanted clarification on the ASD thing, which you stated as fact. You stated it as if it was a fact, a proven fact, then said said he probably has it because of ABC. Both of which are wrong. They weren't opinions, they were stated as fact.

This has dragged on (can tell it's June). I apologise, I just have a bee in my bonnet about people being labelled with a condition or whatever when it's unfounded. This sort of stuff I've seen when working with certain people.

I just questioned your reasons for assuming he has ASC as you said because he has x y and z he basically has ASC. That is just not true. You then referred to it being a spectrum so ASC does not have certain criteria to meet, which is wrong!

What I should have done was just agree with your overall sentiment. If he was around now he'd have got 100x more support.

June 10, 2019, 03:32:32 AM
Reply #52

BlueNoseMike

It's all good anyway, I've had a sit down, re-attached my head. Based on the forum in general we need a transfer or a kit leak in here don't we :')

June 10, 2019, 03:37:19 AM
Reply #53

sam of the south

I'm not upset, I just wanted clarification on the ASD thing, which you stated as fact. You stated it as if it was a fact, a proven fact, then said said he probably has it because of ABC. Both of which are wrong. They weren't opinions, they were stated as fact.

This has dragged on (can tell it's June). I apologise, I just have a bee in my bonnet about people being labelled with a condition or whatever when it's unfounded. This sort of stuff I've seen when working with certain people.

I just questioned your reasons for assuming he has ASC as you said because he has x y and z he basically has ASC. That is just not true. You then referred to it being a spectrum so ASC does not have certain criteria to meet, which is wrong!

What I should have done was just agree with your overall sentiment. If he was around now he'd have got 100x more support.

Let it go, dude.

Someone like me (an Evertonian on an Everton forum) stating something that seems like fact to you, isnt like a politician saying that countless millions would go to the NHS post-Brexit, for example.

Were not in a court of law reporting on a crime.

And the fact we kinda agree makes it all the more obvious we should chill on this.
Henry David Thoreau

June 10, 2019, 03:43:19 AM
Reply #54

sam of the south

It's all good anyway, I've had a sit down, re-attached my head. Based on the forum in general we need a transfer or a kit leak in here don't we :')

Fuck yes we do 👌🏼
Henry David Thoreau

June 11, 2019, 06:09:22 PM
Reply #55

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber