December 14, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 166867 times)

December 13, 2017, 08:38:12 AM
Reply #2175

Jamokachi

Some skill from Zaha to set up the Palace winner. Would love him at Everton.

December 13, 2017, 02:12:43 PM
Reply #2176

TSGun

Some skill from Zaha to set up the Palace winner. Would love him at Everton.
Yeah agreed. Think he'd be a very good addition for us.

Just how much is he valued at...for argument sake?

December 13, 2017, 08:10:58 PM
Reply #2177

Bluedylan

Yeah agreed. Think he'd be a very good addition for us.

Just how much is he valued at...for argument sake?

Big money now. I'd say bare minimum £40-45m, and probably Palace would ask for more. We need to be developing Lookman and Vlasic.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 13, 2017, 08:28:32 PM
Reply #2178

bacon sarnie

Big money now. I'd say bare minimum £40-45m, and probably Palace would ask for more. We need to be developing Lookman and Vlasic.

Exactly.

December 13, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
Reply #2179

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Lol at Newcastle getting bought by a private equity fund.

I'd say they should get ready to have their assets stripped but I'm not sure which of that shitheap of players could be considered anything but a liability.

December 13, 2017, 08:48:11 PM
Reply #2180

Major Clanger

As much as I dislike them, no club deserves to fall into hedge fund managers' grubby mitts.

Although I'm sure Ashley's already taken everything that wasn't bolted down and then pissed in the fireplace.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:49:13 PM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 13, 2017, 10:15:33 PM
Reply #2181

Alanvideo

As much as I dislike them, no club deserves to fall into hedge fund managers' grubby mitts.

Although I'm sure Ashley's already taken everything that wasn't bolted down and then pissed in the fireplace.
...................what's left he tried to give to his brother  :snigger:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/12/13/sports-direct-shareholders-block-11m-payout-mike-ashleys-brother/
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 13, 2017, 11:13:01 PM
Reply #2182

Macca77

December 14, 2017, 04:13:50 AM
Reply #2183

Gash

Global Moderator
Another good result for Moyes and by the sound of it shouldn't have had a goal disallowed.

December 14, 2017, 09:36:58 AM
Reply #2184

Bluedylan

City were ridiculous last night. Clement called them 'one of the best sides I've ever come across'. He's coached at PSG, Real and Bayern. 15 straight wins in what we're told is the most competitive league in the world. Incredible stuff. Absolute genius of a manager.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 14, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
Reply #2185

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
City were ridiculous last night. Clement called them 'one of the best sides I've ever come across'. He's coached at PSG, Real and Bayern. 15 straight wins in what we're told is the most competitive league in the world. Incredible stuff. Absolute genius of a manager.

Couldn't beat Ronald Koeman... Will reserve judgement for the Champion's league.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 14, 2017, 11:33:32 AM
Reply #2186

ally2

One fear is that City are peaking at the wrong time. A bit like Barca a few years ago who were irresistible at this time of the year but couldn't match that level in the later champions league stages. City have genuine competition for places in their squad though, and that might be important. In particular, Bernardo Silva and Aguerro seem surplus. Can Silva and de Bruyne keep this up?  And will someone ever challenge their relatively weak central defence?

December 16, 2017, 07:16:42 PM
Reply #2187

Ross

Palace doing very well here, Hodgsons a good manager and doesn’t get the deserved recognition.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 16, 2017, 07:25:09 PM
Reply #2188

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Gives us the opportunity to catch Leicester now. That's our first goal, to overtake them.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 16, 2017, 07:38:37 PM
Reply #2189

Ross

Gives us the opportunity to catch Leicester now. That's our first goal, to overtake them.

Reckon we’ll be ahead of them by the time we’d play them at the end of January.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.