November 19, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

Author Topic: I Remember When  (Read 1460 times)

June 25, 2017, 12:05:19 AM
Reply #15

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Grey surfers rule ok
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

deCoubertin

June 25, 2017, 12:23:01 AM
Reply #16

Toddacelli

Overrun by old folks. What is the internet becoming?
 :thumbsup:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 25, 2017, 03:16:55 AM
Reply #17

bacon sarnie

Hi Guy's
forgive me if I'm in the wrong place I'm new to this writing blog stuff,I have been watching Everton for over 60 years I was at goodison getting players autograph's when Alex Parker came back after being in the army when bobby collins and other lads would come for training at the back of the park end many times the ball would be kicked over the placards one or two players would climb up and shout for the ball to be thrown back, in the old goodison avenue it used to be at the back of the park end some of the old footballers lived there I can remember going to Cyril Lello's house for his autograph his wife would call him and he would give his autograph on his ciggie packet
those where the daze

You should talk to Edbootle - he probably sold Cyril the ciggies.

June 25, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
Reply #18

sirblue57

Are we reaching the point where we can set up an exclusive  OAP forum? There's two of us now.

I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

June 25, 2017, 01:15:38 PM
Reply #19

Trowel

Imagine us when we reach this age, with our grandchildren on tenterhooks as we regail them with the tale of that day we saw Lukaku playing 5-a-side on Instagram 🤔
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 25, 2017, 01:17:37 PM
Reply #20

Ramjam

This is where I miss posters like nomorechang, I love hearing Everton stories of days gone bye.

I remember there was a poster on here who saw Dixie play. Timloid his name was, think he's passed away now, he hasn't been on for years.

What ever happened to nomorechang? I'm assuming the worst but I hope not
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 25, 2017, 02:26:40 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he passed away

Simply simply lovely

June 25, 2017, 02:31:08 PM
Reply #22

Bally

Administrator
Yeah he died last year, actually could've been the year before, we didn't get the funeral details til last minute either, me and Si were going to go pay our respects but didn't get a chance.

Plus we were unsure as to how his family and friends would be when to random blokes off the Internet turned up.
It's the roll I way

June 25, 2017, 02:37:27 PM
Reply #23

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he died last year, actually could've been the year before, we didn't get the funeral details til last minute either, me and Si were going to go pay our respects but didn't get a chance.

Plus we were unsure as to how his family and friends would be when to random blokes off the Internet turned up.

You would have been ok. Modern tradition is family at the front, then friends, then acquaintances and trolls at the back.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 25, 2017, 02:41:07 PM
Reply #24

blue1948

June 25, 2017, 02:55:46 PM
Reply #25

Mac934

June 25, 2017, 02:56:58 PM
Reply #26

blue1948

Me dads 79 say's he's been in Goodison with the crowd right up to the touch line with 90,000 in, i'm
a bit dubious, good crack though,his familly had a funeral business very near the ground,i'll have to get all
the info off him before he forgets stuff, he must be similar age group....might get him to join if i can..

I think 90,000 might have been in his mind but I was there with I think 64000 and I could lift my feet off the floor and not drop ,it was so packed .This latest standing debate made me think back ,talking to my wife ( who is an excellent listener but has no idea what I am on about) and I told here we used to go in a group but when we got in we normally got split up ,anyway would have to wait for a corner or the ball going into the corner ,then the crowd would rush down and we could jockey our positions on the way back up .I think standing would be better for the atmosphere and deodorants are better now ! There would have to be more safety bars and I think a pen sort of arrangement .The old bars were zigzig and you could get pulled in between too easily ,saying that the noise was brilliant with so many close .
this next comment will disappear I hope but if we didn't go away because we were playing a poor team then we all used to go to "the other side" and watch them playing someone like Leeds or Man U  .The Kop was the worst I ever stood in ,by far the running up and down could be 10 or 15 yards -try doing that backwards with 200 people pushing up ,it was crazy .It brings back a memory ,we used to imbibe of course before the game ,may be 8/10 of us and a round each ,then into the Kop ! after a few minutes we would all want to pee but no way out so we adopted this newspaper thing were we would relieve ourselves down the rolled paper but after 8/10 pints your aim is not what you think and some poor soul in front would have their legs pissed on some times by more than one of us .Quite terrible now but that was the day

June 25, 2017, 03:09:58 PM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
That should be post of the year for nothing other than you you used to piss on kopites
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 25, 2017, 03:18:44 PM
Reply #28

Toddacelli

That should be post of the year for nothing other than you you used to piss on kopites

This!

I remember the surge forward in Gwladys St when we scored - I was less than 10 years old at the time but memories of being swept away in that roaring tide, like in the belly of a dragon, will stay with me forever.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 25, 2017, 03:20:45 PM
Reply #29

sirblue57

I could never do that..... wouldn't waste piss on them.. lolol

But back in the day, before they got all up their own arse, you could actually have a good laugh with kopites...the latest spawn of knuckle dragging monosyllabic rejects from frog shit have no redeeming features at all.....apart from being easily offended, even easier to wind up and a total lack of anything close to intelligence.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.