November 21, 2017, 08:55:07 AM

Author Topic: I Remember When  (Read 1467 times)

June 25, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
Reply #30

blue1948

I could never do that..... wouldn't waste piss on them.. lolol

But back in the day, before they got all up their own arse, you could actually have a good laugh with kopites...the latest spawn of knuckle dragging monosyllabic rejects from frog shit have no redeeming features at all.....apart from being easily offended, even easier to wind up and a total lack of anything close to intelligence.
You took the words straight out my mouth ,brilliant.

deCoubertin

June 25, 2017, 04:35:16 PM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Seats don't do it for me either, anyone remember the guy in the white coat and the bowler/top hat that led the
singing in the Gwlad? Loved that time probably because of being young, but enjoyed Latchfords 30 just as much
as the 80s titles, even more for some reason can't really explain why. '77 semi robbery still haunts my bones..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 25, 2017, 05:03:51 PM
Reply #32

eyesalwaysblue

Just talked to the old fella he says it was late fifties 3 games on the trot,78 80 82,000 one of the games
was the Busby babes we came up Liverpool went down [O happy days} He reeled off the names of the
team from the original posters team including 2 Jones's, Parker, Wainwrright, Farrell, me mam piped up
she was at one of those games, I didn't know she'd ever been...

June 25, 2017, 10:38:11 PM
Reply #33

bacon sarnie

I could never do that..... wouldn't waste piss on them.. lolol

But back in the day, before they got all up their own arse, you could actually have a good laugh with kopites...the latest spawn of knuckle dragging monosyllabic rejects from frog shit have no redeeming features at all.....apart from being easily offended, even easier to wind up and a total lack of anything close to intelligence.

First time on the Kop was to watch a United team loaded with Best, Charlton, Law, Styles etc batter the home team senseless and some fucker pissed on me new bobby washables. Found a new use for LFC programmes after that.

Goodison was much more civil. Never got pissed on in the boys pen - just held-up for a threepenny bit and had to bunk the bus home.

June 25, 2017, 10:53:49 PM
Reply #34

formerKHL

I can remember getting the bus with me dad to the match and tommy wright used to get on always sat upstairs and chatted with the lads (me dad and his mates)...then he'd go and play. Imagine that happening nowadays !!

June 25, 2017, 11:01:52 PM
Reply #35

Mac934

Was on the Kop with a mate, Ron Yeats Testimonial vs Celtic it was. I saw a bird getting shagged, the rolled up paper in action and the blood bath that ensued with the pissed up jocks attacking all and sundry with bricks, sticks and anything else they could get their hands on, even coppers were covered in blood.

June 25, 2017, 11:14:11 PM
Reply #36

Paddockoldie

First time on the Kop was to watch a United team loaded with Best, Charlton, Law, Styles etc batter the home team senseless and some fucker pissed on me new bobby washables. Found a new use for LFC programmes after that.

Goodison was much more civil. Never got pissed on in the boys pen - just held-up for a threepenny bit and had to bunk the bus home.

That's because on derby days it was full of men.... or under 14's with full muzzies or sidies.
Seats don't do it for me either, anyone remember the guy in the white coat and the bowler/top hat that led the
singing in the Gwlad? Loved that time probably because of being young, but enjoyed Latchfords 30 just as much
as the 80s titles, even more for some reason can't really explain why. '77 semi robbery still haunts my bones..

I think his name was 'Ziggy'.. if I remember right he looked like Noddy Older. My ambition was to get on that post... for near but never did.
Does anyone remember Black Beard and 'Handlebars'?

June 25, 2017, 11:26:57 PM
Reply #37

bacon sarnie

That's because on derby days it was full of men.... or under 14's with full muzzies or sidies.
I think his name was 'Ziggy'.. if I remember right he looked like Noddy Older. My ambition was to get on that post... for near but never did.
Does anyone remember Black Beard and 'Handlebars'?

Right on brother. Might have been Noddy who held me up. That Ziggy was a ringer for him. Voice like him as well. Wasn't that Walrus with the handlebars? Black Beard was Bob Carolgees dad wasn't he? Spit!

June 25, 2017, 11:44:27 PM
Reply #38

Paddockoldie

Right on brother. Might have been Noddy who held me up. That Ziggy was a ringer for him. Voice like him as well. Wasn't that Walrus with the handlebars? Black Beard was Bob Carolgees dad wasn't he? Spit!

The bizzies had various names... if you know what I n
mean. Black Beard was a nasty bast ard and took no shit or prisoners. The atmosphere was white  hot for certain games. I remember when Latchford got his 30th against Chelsea... madness in the Park And.

June 26, 2017, 12:08:51 AM
Reply #39

eyesalwaysblue

The bizzies had various names... if you know what I n
mean. Black Beard was a nasty bast ard and took no shit or prisoners. The atmosphere was white  hot for certain games. I remember when Latchford got his 30th against Chelsea... madness in the Park And.
was at the Chelsea magic day was that same year we did Cov City 6-0 he got 4.....Dave Thomas "Fly by wire" crosses.

June 26, 2017, 12:10:13 AM
Reply #40

bacon sarnie

Was on the Kop with a mate, Ron Yeats Testimonial vs Celtic it was. I saw a bird getting shagged, the rolled up paper in action and the blood bath that ensued with the pissed up jocks attacking all and sundry with bricks, sticks and anything else they could get their hands on, even coppers were covered in blood.

Was that when they 'borrowed' ladders to storm the walls of fortress Anfield due to lack of tickets or penny-pinching?

(Note: Penny pinching was popular in Scotland not long after two scots invented copper wire by fighting over a penny)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:12:51 AM by bacon sarnie »