November 20, 2017, 09:43:40 PM

Author Topic: I Remember When  (Read 1464 times)

June 24, 2017, 09:09:05 PM
Read 1464 times

petnikev

Hi Guy's
forgive me if I'm in the wrong place I'm new to this writing blog stuff,I have been watching Everton for over 60 years I was at goodison getting players autograph's when Alex Parker came back after being in the army when bobby collins and other lads would come for training at the back of the park end many times the ball would be kicked over the placards one or two players would climb up and shout for the ball to be thrown back, in the old goodison avenue it used to be at the back of the park end some of the old footballers lived there I can remember going to Cyril Lello's house for his autograph his wife would call him and he would give his autograph on his ciggie packet
those where the daze

deCoubertin

June 24, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
Hi Guy's
forgive me if I'm in the wrong place I'm new to this writing blog stuff,I have been watching Everton for over 60 years I was at goodison getting players autograph's when Alex Parker came back after being in the army when bobby collins and other lads would come for training at the back of the park end many times the ball would be kicked over the placards one or two players would climb up and shout for the ball to be thrown back, in the old goodison avenue it used to be at the back of the park end some of the old footballers lived there I can remember going to Cyril Lello's house for his autograph his wife would call him and he would give his autograph on his ciggie packet
those where the daze

Excellent!

Welcome to the site mate

June 24, 2017, 09:25:49 PM
Reply #2

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Superb Memories.

Welcome old fella.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

June 24, 2017, 09:31:16 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

Fantastic!

You're the man!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

June 24, 2017, 09:38:26 PM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Are we reaching the point where we can set up an exclusive  OAP forum? There's two of us now.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 24, 2017, 09:51:22 PM
Reply #5

Mr. Devil

Care to share more from your memoires? (spelling)
G L O R Y H U N T E R

June 24, 2017, 09:51:46 PM
Reply #6

Bally

Administrator
Hi Guy's
those where the daze
Boss this like
It's the roll I way

June 24, 2017, 10:07:33 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Are we reaching the point where we can set up an exclusive  OAP forum? There's two of us now.

There's more than bloody two of you haha

June 24, 2017, 10:07:41 PM
Reply #8

eyesalwaysblue

Me dads 79 say's he's been in Goodison with the crowd right up to the touch line with 90,000 in, i'm
a bit dubious, good crack though,his familly had a funeral business very near the ground,i'll have to get all
the info off him before he forgets stuff, he must be similar age group....might get him to join if i can..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 24, 2017, 10:18:18 PM
Reply #9

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
We need a day centre where all us oldies can meet. We can swap stories and memories and then go back the next day and do it again as we'll have forgotten what we said yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:20:19 PM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 24, 2017, 10:21:08 PM
Reply #10

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Have I ever suggested that we need a day centre where all us oldies can meet. We can swap stories and memories and then go back the next day and do it again as we'll have forgotten what we said yesterday

June 24, 2017, 10:29:03 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
This is where I miss posters like nomorechang, I love hearing Everton stories of days gone bye.

I remember there was a poster on here who saw Dixie play. Timloid his name was, think he's passed away now, he hasn't been on for years.

June 24, 2017, 10:33:16 PM
Reply #12

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Have I ever suggested that we need a day centre where all us oldies can meet. We can swap stories and memories and then go back the next day and do it again as we'll have forgotten what we said yesterday

I like what you did there. ;)
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 24, 2017, 10:40:44 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

I'm 40 and I love posts like that.

I remember stories my dad used to tell - Bob Latchford, Duncan McKenzie, Mike Lyons, Dave Jones etc.

I think most Evertonians are brought up on stories like these from dad's, brothers, uncles (and some female Blues too) and they bring back great memories    :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 24, 2017, 11:01:53 PM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Overrun by old folks. What is the internet becoming?
 :thumbsup:
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...