October 21, 2019, 05:44:57 PM

Poll

Will Rom leave this off season?

Author Topic: Will Lukaku actually leave this off season?  (Read 4308 times)

July 03, 2017, 03:50:24 AM
Read 4308 times

Robber Rodwell

July 03, 2017, 03:51:22 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

July 03, 2017, 03:53:52 AM
Reply #2

School of Science

Yes, Rom backed himself into a corner with the " Everton is no an option " comment. He would look awfully foolish if he stayed now wouldn't he.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 03, 2017, 03:56:31 AM
Reply #3

gizzblue

I actually hope he does now ...so he can wonder what might of been playing with our new class players, while sitting on the bench next year somewhere after one of his many off days .
Born not made a blue .

July 03, 2017, 03:57:55 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Think he'll have the same problem as last year, whether another club will stump up the money.

For all his comments and antics, Lukaku still doesn't seem to realise Everton are in charge of his future.

July 03, 2017, 03:58:51 AM
Reply #5

bigmanbob

I can't believe you called it the off season

July 03, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, Rom backed himself into a corner with the " Everton is no an option " comment. He would look awfully foolish if he stayed now wouldn't he.

Well, yes, but if Chelsea fail to meet our demands, there's absolutely nothing he can do.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

July 03, 2017, 04:01:35 AM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

No for me. It's obviously not just press speculation though. It's lukaku who's speculating

July 03, 2017, 04:06:13 AM
Reply #8

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Think he will get his Chelsea move eventually but maybe quite late on in the window

Think things will work out ok for us regardless of what he decides to do
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 03, 2017, 04:06:39 AM
Reply #9

MrWhite

I think the club is following the Spurs/Bale model, presumably to keep buying prices down then paying them off with as much as we can squeeze out of Chelsea. I suspect his comments lately are because he knows it will get done and the club have told him he can leave.

July 03, 2017, 04:07:01 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Seeing the money we're spending and the players we're after makes me quite happy if we sell him. If we can get a striker or two that will chip in 20-25 goals between them and a some scoring midfielders then there's no reason why we should miss him, in fact it would be a benefit not to be so reliant on one player.

He was given a lot of slack in the past with his comments but I think it's getting to the stage people have had their fill of it now, especially after his comment about returning here not being an option. The fee could be the problem, that and the possibility that managers at top clubs don't rate him as highly as he does. The fact that Raiola has been fairly quite so far would suggest that things aren't quite going to plan behind the scenes. There will probably be a domino affect where one big deal will trigger several others but if he's here next season I hope he doesn't get automatic first choice and has to fight for his place.

July 03, 2017, 04:18:46 AM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Would've liked an option between 'certainty' and 'press speculation'. Summat like 'probably, yes' reflects my feelings.

Would love to keep him but we haven't pushed on enough in that time to dovetail with his growth as a player.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 03, 2017, 04:21:10 AM
Reply #12

SANA_DR0

He was Trolling Moshiri, He wanted Mosh to put his money where his mouth is...

i've read that interview, but never seen it on video, maybe his words where lost in translation again, either way, cant see him going anywhere.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 03, 2017, 04:22:54 AM
Reply #13

Lxxx

This summer just feels like a new dawn and much as he is a great player I just feel now is a perfect time for him to go.

We're building for a bright future it seems and it's one he's made clear he doesn't want to be a part of.

July 03, 2017, 04:25:39 AM
Reply #14

KevtheRat