August 23, 2019, 10:12:12 PM

Poll

Will Rom leave this off season?

Author Topic: Will Lukaku actually leave this off season?  (Read 4175 times)

July 03, 2017, 04:32:43 AM
Reply #15

Mayor Farnum

Players get what they want these days.

July 03, 2017, 04:33:00 AM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

July 03, 2017, 04:35:33 AM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

It would be amazing if he stayed - for two reasons:

1) It is massively unlikely

2) I would predict that we would be genuine top-4 contenders by the end of this window if he stayed!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 03, 2017, 04:36:32 AM
Reply #18

TheTone

July 03, 2017, 05:03:57 AM
Reply #19

BlueBeagle

Hate the term off-season. So American.

I think he will leave in this transfer window.

July 03, 2017, 05:06:08 AM
Reply #20

Ross

I think it's inevitable.

Not convinced it's to his beloved Chelsea though.

We need a cleanse now of Lukaku publically using us as a stepping stone if we are ambitious about challenging the top teams.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 03, 2017, 05:09:28 AM
Reply #21

Toddacelli

I think it's inevitable.

Not convinced it's to his beloved Chelsea though.

We need a cleanse now of Lukaku publically using us as a stepping stone if we are ambitious about challenging the top teams.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 03, 2017, 05:19:29 AM
Reply #22

plowman2

Think it's a stand off, spaghetti western scenario at the moment. Chelsea (maybe others) are waiting to see if the price drops. The more we build, the more we need to sell him and the less important he becomes. We could even paint ourselves into a corner where we need to sell him. Personally I hope he stays because he is class and that's what we need to step up at least one level.
I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately.
― Tom Waits

July 03, 2017, 05:25:17 AM
Reply #23

sam of the south

Yes, Rom backed himself into a corner with the " Everton is no an option " comment. He would look awfully foolish if he stayed now wouldn't he.

I didn't know he spoke Scottish 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 03, 2017, 05:38:38 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
100% gone imo.

It really is a shame Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh came a year or two too late. Imagine if we could have invested 90m on a team around Lukaku and stones instead of replacing them.

But, life goes on and I'm looking forward to seeing whoelse we bring in. As I say, convinced we'll still look to bring in a pacey wide forward after the Keita deal didn't work out.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 03, 2017, 06:17:51 AM
Reply #25

MrWhite

2) I would predict that we would be genuine top-4 contenders by the end of this window if he stayed!
So top 4 by September?

Love your first reason though, surprises are more interesting
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:19:11 AM by MrWhite »

July 03, 2017, 06:20:38 AM
Reply #26

MrWhite

Here's a thought.. what happened last time we sold a top class striker for massive money because he thought he couldn't get CL with us?

July 03, 2017, 06:26:24 AM
Reply #27

Glory

He went on to win basically everything there is?

July 03, 2017, 06:28:22 AM
Reply #28

MrWhite

Lol obviously I meant to us and the following season
Plus he's won fuck all internationally

July 03, 2017, 06:32:00 AM
Reply #29

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

I'd have been happy if someone had told me we would have signed who we have by the end of the window, let alone by the beginning of July. With more to come (?) then if Rom doesn't go we'll have some team next year!! Can't wait either way.  😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.