November 23, 2017, 04:27:29 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 4956 times)

November 19, 2017, 03:20:43 AM
Reply #120

Lxxx

Yeah, even though none of us really have any idea, let's just blame Moshiri for everything. Perhaps we can boo him at our next game and all chip in for a plane. Because if there's anything this club needs right now, it's for the fans to turn on our owner and for our owner to decide to fuck off, leaving us well and truly fucked.

No-one is turning on him. Itís reasonable to question his impact on the club since his arrival but once you do that it throws up more doubts than answers. Letís be honest about it.

deCoubertin

November 19, 2017, 03:52:35 AM
Reply #121

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, even though none of us really have any idea, let's just blame Moshiri for everything. Perhaps we can boo him at our next game and all chip in for a plane. Because if there's anything this club needs right now, it's for the fans to turn on our owner and for our owner to decide to fuck off, leaving us well and truly fucked.

I don't think that's what anyone is suggesting. He is giving interviews about players (barkley and McCarthy) he did seem to acknowledge that koeman did as he pleased. The press does always claim he wants to sign this or that big name

Clearly as a business he's improved us. I do worry he's a little too involved with the football side. We have a director of football who hasn't been allowed to sign players or pick the manager (apparently)

November 19, 2017, 04:38:34 AM
Reply #122

BlueBeagle

Anyone not questioning what's going on at the top of the club needs to get their head out of the sand

November 19, 2017, 01:45:54 PM
Reply #123

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
No-one is turning on him. Itís reasonable to question his impact on the club since his arrival but once you do that it throws up more doubts than answers. Letís be honest about it.

For sure. Perhaps I misinterpreted your post saying "how do we tell our boss he's the main reason things have gone tits up". I don't think the fans trying to convey that to Moshiri will help, at all.

November 19, 2017, 03:45:46 PM
Reply #124

Lxxx

For sure. Perhaps I misinterpreted your post saying "how do we tell our boss he's the main reason things have gone tits up". I don't think the fans trying to convey that to Moshiri will help, at all.

I was referring to people within the club. How do you attempt to have a full debrief of how and why things have gone wrong when the guy chairing the meeting at the head of the table is a large part of the problem with his decision-making, in a subject matter he knows very little about.

This isn't a witch hunt against Moshiri by any means but from the outside looking in it looks like he's following a path many chairman and fans of the game fall into when they get control of a football club for the first time, which is to make hasty decisions on the playing side based on their limited knowledge of the game as a fan.

November 19, 2017, 05:01:41 PM
Reply #125

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I was referring to people within the club. How do you attempt to have a full debrief of how and why things have gone wrong when the guy chairing the meeting at the head of the table is a large part of the problem with his decision-making, in a subject matter he knows very little about.

This isn't a witch hunt against Moshiri by any means but from the outside looking in it looks like he's following a path many chairman and fans of the game fall into when they get control of a football club for the first time, which is to make hasty decisions on the playing side based on their limited knowledge of the game as a fan.

Fair enough. It's the same at any organisation really though, when things go wrong the people at the top are often partly if not wholly responsible. In the absence of oversight, you have to hope that there is enough openness within those individuals to admit mistakes and be willing to find solutions.

It's interesting because although Moshiri is our largest shareholder, he neither sits on the Board, nor is he Chairman or CEO of Everton. They're all ultimately accountable to him but I imagine will be far more involved in the day to day running of the club than him. Likelihood is that some people on the Board will have had much more influence over him than others in terms of key decisions, and so any analysis of what needs to change will quickly become political as people look to deflect blame and protect their position. My guess is that governance is a real issue at EFC, particularly when you consider our rather unusual ownership structure. That's likely the bigger challenge in successfully figuring this all out, and it's far more nuanced than simply pinning all the blame for bad decisions on Moshiri.

November 19, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Reply #126

Lxxx

Iíd agree on the governance point, although governance was never really an issue in decision-making up until 18 months ago when the whole structure changed. Ultimately heís the man who installed this new structure though and as you rightly pointed out, the man at the top is always pointed as the fall guy when things go wrong but thatís what happens in a hierarchy. Itís a hierarchy for a reason.