November 18, 2017, 07:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 12123 times)

July 21, 2017, 03:09:43 PM
Reply #105

plowman2

I'll probably get slated for this, but he does have a bit of a Suarez (early days) style about him, with his movement and passing range.
Hope so! ( the Suarez part, not you getting slated!)
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

deCoubertin

July 21, 2017, 03:10:00 PM
Reply #106

BlueNoseMike

He's going to score more in the league for us next season than Lukaku will for Utd.

I'd take that bet mate. Let's not expect too much. I think he'd have done well get double figures next season, I'd take that if he is to be a wide player. Lukaku will get 20+ again next year.

Where I do think Sandro will outdo Lukaku is his overall impact on the team. He'll hustle and press, stretch teams and link up a shit load more than Rom ever did. This will hopefully provide goals for other players

July 21, 2017, 03:14:06 PM
Reply #107

Lxxx

He's going to score more in the league for us next season than Lukaku will for Utd.

Not too sure about that.

July 21, 2017, 03:15:11 PM
Reply #108

Jamokachi

Lads, I'm merely making myself comfortable on the bandwagon.... c'mon!

July 21, 2017, 03:17:34 PM
Reply #109

Lazarou

Hope so! ( the Suarez part, not you getting slated!)

I always felt with Suarez apart from being a knob was that other teams got so hung up trying to play him it made Sturridge & Sterling look better than they actually are. If Sandro can bring some of that to EFC we will be in for a treat.

July 21, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
Reply #110

kewns23

I think he may do well as its first season syndrome and defenders will not have learn how to cope with him yet,

Think him, Rooney & klassen will be boss at link up play can't wait too see all 3 together!!!
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

July 21, 2017, 03:29:37 PM
Reply #111

Lxxx

I think he may do well as its first season syndrome and defenders will not have learn how to cope with him yet,

Think him, Rooney & klassen will be boss at link up play can't wait too see all 3 together!!!

I agree. However an injury to him and we're a bit threadbare again. Need another proven striker in as a priority in my opinion.

July 21, 2017, 03:34:38 PM
Reply #112

kewns23

I agree. However an injury to him and we're a bit threadbare again. Need another proven striker in as a priority in my opinion.

I think we need another two, plus defender and possible winger but then am greedy lol
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

July 21, 2017, 03:35:25 PM
Reply #113

Macca77

Hoping to see him get some time on the pitch against Genk tomorrow

July 21, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
Reply #114

Deano Blue Boy

Judging by the videos we are putting up and our activity in the transfer market, looks like we're going to be doing a lot of wing play with crosses into the box.

July 21, 2017, 05:39:54 PM
Reply #115

hill135

He looks well good in that vid. A few lucky deflections but also a few unlucky ones hitting the woodwork. Also didn't know he can smash in a free kick like that.

July 21, 2017, 05:42:00 PM
Reply #116

gizzblue

Judging by the videos we are putting up and our activity in the transfer market, looks like we're going to be doing a lot of wing play with crosses into the box.
I agree but we still need a certain powerful header of the ball to complete the set 😅.

Sandro will be amazing.

July 21, 2017, 06:12:28 PM
Reply #117

Toddacelli

I get very excited about that video, do like the comparison with Suarez. Looks an aggressive, all action type who likes to get a shot away, and looks to get power on his shots.

My concern is that I read an article someone shared on here about expected goals, etc. Apparently, Sandro had a bit of a freak season and scored a high portion of unexpected goals (twice the amount of Messi, Ronaldo) and should have probably scored around 6 or 7 goals.

I'm expecting a bit of a drop off this season but think he'll be quality even with the smaller goal return, just judging by his style and impact on a game. A bit like Suarez when he first came over, wasn't the big goalscorer he is now (or before at Ajax) but then all of a sudden that all came together too.

Exciting

Hoping for 10 from him but we'll have to see how he develops over the course of the season.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 21, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
Reply #118

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping to see him get some time on the pitch against Genk tomorrow
on my Way back from holiday in Croatia... taken a shortcut to Denmark via Genk so hope him and our new keeper will get 45 minuttes each

July 21, 2017, 06:27:28 PM
Reply #119

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

And yet we don't have the players to play that way.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney