September 21, 2018, 01:04:14 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 24298 times)

July 03, 2017, 11:31:40 PM
Read 24298 times

Bluedylan

I actually know very little about him (other than he had a good season at Malaga last year and that Atletico were after him).

Genuine question......do folk think he'll go straight into the starting X1?

As the squad stands, yes, as a wide forward in a 4-3-3 probably.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 21, 2017, 02:21:30 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Love a striker that smashes a shot. Loads of top spin on it and like an arrow.

July 21, 2017, 08:44:26 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Can you hear the drums, Mr. Sandro?

July 15, 2018, 12:24:52 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Did alright to be fair. Squared a few passes for others to score in better positions. You listening Kev?

July 15, 2018, 12:28:11 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Agreed. I think we need to adjust our opinions on what type of player he is.

Silva looks like he's going with your wide forward option, rather than a striker. Makes sense.

July 15, 2018, 09:15:18 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

It’s one thing to hate a player who messed up or whatever but you can’t really when he scored 5. It’s like complaining cos he scored and didn’t assist someone else.

Rather silly.

He puts himself before the team, and has done so on numerous occasions, Mr Contrarian, as you well know.

Let Dowell take the free kick. Nah, I'm Kevin Mirallas and I drive around in a gold Bentley like a massive bellend. I'll take it.

July 15, 2018, 09:22:21 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

If I was on a 6 min hat trick I'd be pulling rank too.

You might be joking, not sure, but I certainly wouldn't be. We're playing a bunch of amateurs, and we're trying to encourage the young players in the squad. No one gives a fuck if Kev bags a meaningless hat-trick against a pub team. The man is ego on legs (but without the talent or the performance to back that ego up). I'll be pretty gutted if he's still here in August.

July 15, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Bit over the top in your criticism of him. As are many on here. Probably should move him on if we can, but I don't think he is the horrible person you and others on this forum like to make me out to be. I'm sure i'll be slated for this opinion -- made out to be an apologist for him. But I just don't think the evidence of him being a bad person is as prevalent or dispositive as you seem to think it is. The best you can say is that he is overly confident in his abilities and can be a bit selfish -- making him much like most of the other attacking players in the Prem.

No, it's fine mate. You're entitled to your view. I wouldn't dream of thinking of him as a 'bad person', how could I comment on that? But for me, he overestimates his own ability significantly and isn't a team player in any way. Wish he'd have gone a few seasons back. But yeah, feel free to disagree.

July 15, 2018, 02:20:11 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Nah, it's a team sport. You don't do anything or achieve anything in football without your team-mates, no matter how good you are. I think that single-minded, driven thing is great if you're a tennis player or an athlete, but you have to have respect for your team-mates and your place in the team in football. Messi and Ronaldo can't do a thing if they don't get the ball. That's why they pretty much all say 'I'm just happy to help the team' or 'it's not about me, it's about the team'.

As most of us probably have, I've played a few team sports at a very amateur level, and the dynamics of the changing room are absolutely crucial. If someone walks around like Billy Big Bollocks but doesn't back it up, other players just lose respect for that player and it becomes an issue.

Kev's had the penalty thing. He also got sent home from training by Unsworth. There's probably other stuff I've forgotten. He drives around in a gold Bentley. I don't think you need to be particularly adept at psychology to have a rough idea what kind of person he is from those various bits of behaviour.