November 21, 2017, 10:36:45 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 12816 times)

November 09, 2017, 04:35:39 PM
Reply #255

BlueBeagle

Looking a bit Iago Aspas

deCoubertin

November 09, 2017, 04:55:01 PM
Reply #256

Lxxx

Yeah let's just stick to decent premier league players from now on.

That's doing really well for us.

That's not my point. The hysteria that accompanied a potential 5m signing from Malaga falling through was totally out of proportion, based on a few youtube clips. A seasoned La Liga watcher might have said he's a young lad, a bit raw and might take a bit of time to settle so I wouldn't put your house on him but suddenly we had all these Everton fans welcoming him as the second coming and then wobbling when he decided to take a bit of time to think about it.

Still, there's always Lemos though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:56:17 PM by Lxxx »

November 09, 2017, 04:57:10 PM
Reply #257

BlueForYou

Every player has his price

What are Chelsea offering? 45m? Done deal!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 05:00:18 PM
Reply #258

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Give the lad a break he's barely featured. Pretty sure he is better than what he's shown.

November 09, 2017, 05:11:08 PM
Reply #259

BlueForYou

Begs the question:

How long do you give a player? (As long as Niasse?)

Begs another question:

How long do you give a caretaker manager?

Decisions, decisions
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2017, 05:17:38 PM
Reply #260

van der Meyde

Think he looks like absolute tat to be honest.

There's a long list of players who have slammed them in in Spain only to come up short in the Prem. I also remember those stats floating about when he signed that all his goals were free kicks, long shots, or shots from weird angles which wouldn't ordinarily go in. Maybe we should have looked at these when we scouted him.

Las Palmas or Celta Vigo next summer.
I was about to bring up Niasse's video as an example, but actually it's nowhere near as bad as I remembered it.

He actually looks pretty good on it, nowhere near as many goals scored sat on the deck as I thought there were!

November 09, 2017, 06:52:12 PM
Reply #261

SANA_DR0

Outrageous if Sandro and Klaassen don't both play the full 90 in both remaining europa games

Sandro needs a striker with him tho, he plays more like a false 9, most of the times when ive seen him play. he's been at left back or in our own half defending.. you cant see what these players offer if all they're doing is tracking back..

surely we have enough players in our squad to do the tracking, letting the attackers be attackers.. or did we buy sandro to be an attacking James McCarthy.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 09, 2017, 07:15:53 PM
Reply #262

Toddacelli

Heads were falling off everywhere in the summer when it looked like he might not sign. Usually the same people who were shouting for some guy called Lemos who allegedly would have been perfect too.

Don't think my head was falling off exactly but I was keen on Sandro and I did also really want Lemos - but as a goalscoring, free-kick-taking left-sided CB.

With Fumo out, Keane yet to find his stride and Williams being Williams - I don't think the shouts for Lemos were unreasonable.

With Sandro though, he does seem to have great ability on YouTube - now if we could just get him to play like that on grass....

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 10, 2017, 01:53:50 AM
Reply #263

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro needs a run of games. Before then, I don't think anyone here knows for sure whether he'll make it or not. We've not seen enough of him to properly judge.

November 10, 2017, 10:08:20 AM
Reply #264

bluenuck

That's not my point. The hysteria that accompanied a potential 5m signing from Malaga falling through was totally out of proportion, based on a few youtube clips. A seasoned La Liga watcher might have said he's a young lad, a bit raw and might take a bit of time to settle so I wouldn't put your house on him but suddenly we had all these Everton fans welcoming him as the second coming and then wobbling when he decided to take a bit of time to think about it.

Still, there's always Lemos though.

"Hysteria"? C'mon,man.

Guy was in the extreme cheap and scored 14 in La liga.

I was interested, and excited to see what he could do, but hysteria? Nah. That's the wrong word.

Why do I feel like listening to def leppard all of a sudden?

November 19, 2017, 06:19:39 AM
Reply #265

mikey_blue

Did well today. Hopefully see a little bit more from him in the next few weeks.

November 19, 2017, 06:21:53 AM
Reply #266

gizzblue

Looked decent when he came on ....deffo needs minutes .

November 19, 2017, 06:22:26 AM
Reply #267

everton1952

Did he? What did he do well? He was invisible on MOD.

November 19, 2017, 06:25:23 AM
Reply #268

bluestevie

Made some good runs in the channels, got a couple of decent balls in and was unlucky with a header
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

November 19, 2017, 06:27:35 AM
Reply #269

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

That's because MOTD is trying to squeeze 90 minutes into about 5 minutes, and Sandro was only on the pitch for 14 minutes.

He looked quite sharp, his passing range looked quite decent, sharp precise long range passes, he also made a nuisance of himself up front. Considering he hasn't played in ages, I thought he played well.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"