January 17, 2018, 01:47:25 AM

Author Topic: Gareth Barry  (Read 1211 times)

July 09, 2017, 02:10:58 PM
Reply #15

Toddacelli

Been great for us.

Agree wih @Shogun that if Schneiderlin is out - Barry is the most obvious replacement, but I think that he may not be in the plans moving forward.

He has the class and experience but playing him is not going to get this young team we're building any more experience. Time for them to step up.

I'll be really sad to see him go though. I've never been more wrong or underwhelmed by a signing. He proper made me eat my words.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

July 09, 2017, 02:49:35 PM
Reply #16

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Been great for us.

Agree wih @Shogun that if Schneiderlin is out - Barry is the most obvious replacement, but I think that he may not be in the plans moving forward.

He has the class and experience but playing him is not going to get this young team we're building any more experience. Time for them to step up.

I'll be really sad to see him go though. I've never been more wrong or underwhelmed by a signing. He proper made me eat my words.

Great role model for the kids coming in, lay off the booze and burgers, train passionately and you can extend your career beyond mid thirties.

July 09, 2017, 02:57:45 PM
Reply #17

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Surprised he doesn't go back to Villa and help bring them up.

I think he will want to stay in the Prem, as he is only a few games away from being the all time record holder for top flight appearances, ahead of Giggs. I'd like to see him do that in an Everton shirt, and then moving into a coaching/ambassadorial role, to utilise the vast knowhow of the MOST experienced player in the league. As we will need more footballing infrastructure roles, now we are on the up, and who better than Mr Premiership Appearance Record Holder?! I hope the club dont miss this opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:02:05 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 09, 2017, 03:05:24 PM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think he still has something to offer.

Surely he'd rather be a bit part player here than got to WBA?

July 09, 2017, 04:54:22 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope he stays and breaks the premier appearance record with us.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

July 09, 2017, 04:55:08 PM
Reply #20

sirblue57

and helps us win a trophy
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

July 09, 2017, 04:56:14 PM
Reply #21

sirblue57

the winner in the FA cup final against utd....sweet
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

July 09, 2017, 05:01:40 PM
Reply #22

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Class act really isn't he. Probably had his pick of clubs when he chose to come to us.

Wish him all the best.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

July 09, 2017, 05:06:51 PM
Reply #23

ally2

I'm enjoying the love in here but people were jumping on him last season saying he was finished the moment he had a bad game, then saying he was great again when he played well.  I hope this makes everyone realise that he hopefully has a role to play with us, and what the extent of that role may be.  His experience and the way he conducts himself are supreme, and we know that Koeman rates him highly too.

July 09, 2017, 05:08:54 PM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Still a valuable player for us. Hope he stays this season and gets a proper send off with maybe a trophy.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 09, 2017, 05:13:41 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

Think he still has something to offer.

Surely he'd rather be a bit part player here than got to WBA?

I also think he'll be aware that playing a part with us will be better for him and his career than 90 mins every week at the Hawthorns until he's fooked.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 09, 2017, 05:17:28 PM
Reply #26

duncandisorderly

Did well first couple of years with us, age has really caught up with him now though, we need to move on but good luck to him if he goes.

July 09, 2017, 06:02:32 PM
Reply #27

Danny

Could see him being sold last few days of the window if it's obvious he won't get a game, he's still good enough to play in the prem but as others have said it wouldn't be a surprise to see him back at Villa with Terry.

July 09, 2017, 06:09:20 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good player, immediately behind Morgan as our deep midfielder who can keep it moving and pick the odd pass.

Has to go down as an astute signing for me, we've had a couple of high quality years out of him and even last year Koeman managed him well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 09, 2017, 07:31:53 PM
Reply #29

Evertonian in NC

Yeah, that's important to me, too.  He'll get plenty of minutes with Cup ties and Europa on our plate.  He's still massively important, in my opinion.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin