Sandro
55 (43.7%)
Keane
4 (3.2%)
Rooney
24 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: July 22, 2017, 06:50:25 PM

Author Topic: Which Summer SIgning Excites you the Most?  (Read 1402 times)

July 08, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Reply #15

griff969

Pickford for me. I think he is capable of making 'Southall' type saves and his distribution is top class.

With the Lukaku money coming in I think we will be far from finished just yet. I just cannot remember such a major overhaul at Everton ever.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:05:43 PM by griff969 »
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

July 08, 2017, 09:05:22 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

If Sandro progresses like he could well do, he could be the snip of the decade,
potentially has it all..

and that's why he leads the vote...upside.  I may have even voted Onyekuru had he been an option.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 08, 2017, 09:05:50 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
and that's why he leads the vote...upside.  I may have even voted Onyekuru had he been an option.

I didn't put him in because he won't help us next season.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

July 08, 2017, 09:07:13 PM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

I didn't put him in because he won't help us next season.

But neither will Rooney!!

/I kid, I understand why the poll was set up this way, good topic
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 08, 2017, 09:15:45 PM
Reply #19

eyesalwaysblue

Pickford for me. I think he is capable of making 'Southall' type saves and his distribution is top class.

With the Lukaku money coming in I think we will be far from finished just yet. I just cannot remember such a major overhaul at Everton ever.
Only know 1 Sunderland fan who went regular last season he says his distribution is
superb, reckons it's the quickest and most accurate he's ever seen, trouble is i forgot to ask him
if he meant ever or just Sunderland keepers, so wide margin for statistical discrepancy...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 08, 2017, 09:19:32 PM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

I would grade these signings (taking into account value): A-, A, A+, A, D.  Also a grade A for Onyekuru.

Been a really, really good summer for Steve Walsh and crew.  He deserves a nice pay rise.

July 08, 2017, 09:25:41 PM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would grade these signings (taking into account value): A-, A, A+, A, D.  Also a grade A for Onyekuru.

Been a really, really good summer for Steve Walsh and crew.  He deserves a nice pay rise.

WHen he delivers results, then maybe a nice pay rise.

July 08, 2017, 09:26:39 PM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

WHen he delivers results, then maybe a nice pay rise.

Always the gruff conservative!

July 08, 2017, 09:27:28 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Always the gruff conservative!

Absolutely. You don't just give stuff away for free, you have to earn it.

July 08, 2017, 11:44:03 PM
Reply #24

74Blue

Excited about all of them tbh, including Rooney. I think that we have done some real astute business so far this window. All of the younger additions Pickford, Keane, Klaasen & Sandro have the potential to become the spine of a very good team moving forward, whilst the older, experienced head of Rooney, who has won pretty much everything there is to win will be invaluable. Whilst he's been away and won a shitload of medals and trophies, I think that the desire to win something with his boyhood club could be the little spark that drives him on and would be the icing on the cake of a fantastic career.

July 08, 2017, 11:56:21 PM
Reply #25

toffee_scot

I'm really excited to see all of them play for Everton and each will have a very different role to play.

For me though I am looking forward to Klaassen the most. He already had a very good reputation at Ajax with a good goalscoring record for a midfielder and he sounds like a grafter who would fit in very well in the kind of team Koeman wants to build. We've been lacking quite a bit of quality in the final third especially linking our midfield with our forward players - is he the missing link I wonder?

July 09, 2017, 12:00:53 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Klassen because it's the type of signing we've been needing to make for years but haven't been able to.

July 09, 2017, 12:05:33 AM
Reply #27

bluenuck

Sandro for me.

Just because there's so much there I don't know anything about.

Who is this guy? why didn't anyone else buy him for the massively low price of 6 million pounds? where will he play? Why did he pick us?

July 09, 2017, 12:08:15 AM
Reply #28

Evertonian in NC

The importance of getting all these signings in early, so we don't start slow and play catch-up all season long.  And have a large enough squad to properly manage Europa.

Because I am too lazy to look it up - how long has it been since we qualified for Europe in consecutive seasons?  Seems that would be a pretty major milestine for us to achieve as a club, to prove we are indeed "back" as a legitimate contender.

July 09, 2017, 01:35:00 AM
Reply #29

Optimistic Blue

I'll tell you one thing it certainly ain't Wayne fucking Rooney
you cant take the right out of Kenwright