May 23, 2018, 04:43:27 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 22633 times)

January 31, 2018, 03:49:02 AM
Reply #300

arteta4spain

The championship isnt one of the top 5 leagues surely?
Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seri A.
Would the next one be The Championship?
There’s still Ligue 1, Erevidise, Primeira Liga. I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️

January 31, 2018, 06:20:17 AM
Reply #301

irishtoffee

The championship isnt one of the top 5 leagues surely?
On attendances, I think it's 3rd. Premier league, bundesliga and then the championship. Not sure if that's game average or total over a season which would give the championship a big advantage as they've so many games

January 31, 2018, 06:44:38 AM
Reply #302

Shogun

Administrator
Takes Barkley’s position in the squad next year, pretty straight forward isn’t it?

Even I’ve championed for a loan to a PL club but it doesn’t actually happen that often and be a success. Off the top of my head I can only think of Wilshere and Sturridge (both Bolton I think).
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 31, 2018, 06:55:16 AM
Reply #303

Tony Clifton

With Forrest not in with a realistic chance of being promoted, I quite like the idea of giving him a contract extension and loaning him out to a team fighting a bit higher up the ladder. Maybe even a prem team.
Then make the decision on what to do in 2019.

I like that idea too.  And get more of the u23s etc. out on loan at better clubs/levels, maybe even try and get two or three out abroad, out of the comfort zones.

Probably asking bit much of our nut job football club at the moment, but still...  the thought that counts!

January 31, 2018, 06:55:28 AM
Reply #304

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Takes Barkley’s position in the squad next year, pretty straight forward isn’t it?

Even I’ve championed for a loan to a PL club but it doesn’t actually happen that often and be a success. Off the top of my head I can only think of Wilshere and Sturridge (both Bolton I think).
Lukaku?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 31, 2018, 06:14:52 PM
Reply #305

Rodenplav64

The championship is a better League than most of the European Leagues yet most fans would sooner see us buy an overpriced player from a very inferior League . Dowell has been asked more questions playing for Forest than Klassen say playing in the Dutch League . Yes Klassen had European experience but most of his games for Ajax were at a lower level than the championship . Besic playing for Ferencvaros hardly tested him week in week out certainly from a fitness level . So up the level of fitness and consistency needed and he is shot to fuck . Some of our best players in the past gained there most valuable experience in our lower Leagues . Coleman , Osman , Lescott , Baines , Cahill and Jagielka off the top of my head . Dowell deserves the same chance as Barkley , DCL , Kenny , Holgate .

January 31, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
Reply #306

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The championship is a better League than most of the European Leagues yet most fans would sooner see us buy an overpriced player from a very inferior League . Dowell has been asked more questions playing for Forest than Klassen say playing in the Dutch League . Yes Klassen had European experience but most of his games for Ajax were at a lower level than the championship . Besic playing for Ferencvaros hardly tested him week in week out certainly from a fitness level . So up the level of fitness and consistency needed and he is shot to fuck . Some of our best players in the past gained there most valuable experience in our lower Leagues . Coleman , Osman , Lescott , Baines , Cahill and Jagielka off the top of my head . Dowell deserves the same chance as Barkley , DCL , Kenny , Holgate .

Yes got no problem with him learning there as the experience is much more relevant to going on to the PL.

What we need to know is, is he doing anything that wouldn’t be expected?

As in, we know he’s got (spectacular) goals in him from u23 level and pre season games.

But what number of situations does he need to get those goals etc.

For me when Osman was at Derby, it looked like he was heavily influencing the play. Does Dowell do that or is it flashes of inspiration?

If he needs lots of situations and goals come out of the blue then we shouldn’t be rushing him to our first team squad, only to play 2 LC games.

He’s not fast so he needs experience to know how to get round that.

February 01, 2018, 08:37:17 PM
Reply #307

van der Meyde

February 01, 2018, 08:58:40 PM
Reply #308

pedrotheblue

Some screamers there like, got to be given a chance next season to see if he can cut it at the highest level.

February 01, 2018, 09:00:58 PM
Reply #309

Lxxx

I think the second half of this season will tell us a lot about him too. With it being his first full one in the top flight if he tails off after a bright start then he probably needs another season to get up to speed with the demands of men's football. If he replicates his first half of the season it may show he's learning quickly both mentally and physically so it would give a different perspective on his progression.