November 22, 2017, 03:33:13 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Ružomberok  (Read 14594 times)

July 21, 2017, 06:54:45 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ruzomberok isn't far from Kings Landing, just along the coast of Westeros. Ravens will be sent from Winterfell carrying tickets for the away leg

So long they don't come out to an Ed Sheeran song, eh...
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

July 21, 2017, 07:25:56 PM
Reply #16

MmmBlueRamirez

:hmph: Nope, don't get it
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 21, 2017, 07:44:08 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got my ticket this morning, looking forward to seeing the new lads and hoping for a near to full strength line up. Already been a few shocks this EL the last king we need is for us to 'pull a koeman'.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2017, 08:35:55 PM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

Time and POSSIBLE tv coverage still listed as "TBA" on the Fox Sports calendar page here.  Fingers crossed.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 21, 2017, 09:53:06 PM
Reply #19

WeimaranerBlues

so will still waiting for the Away game kick off time??     Bbc say 18.00pm     Club site says 19.45pm

July 21, 2017, 11:30:11 PM
Reply #20

Outworlder47

We have a play off game between this and the groups mate.
The round we fell into when we got beat by Villarreal.

If we beat this lot on the 3rd August there is a draw the next day and (haven't checked seeding) but may possibly be against a CL dropout.

Two legs of the play off round are the 17th (5 days after Stoke, 4 days before City) & 24th (3 days after City and 2 days before Chelsea).
Only if we get through that are we in the Aug 25th draw for the group stage!

Pretty sure we'd be seeded for the playoff round, unless I've completely failed the maths somewhere along the way. I mark 9 teams that have better coefficients than us in the Europa 3rd round, and a further 8 in the Champions League 3rd round that would be above us as well should they lose their CL ties. Even if all 17 teams are in the Europa Playoff draw, there are 22 ties, so we should be seeded if we defeat Ružomberok.

July 22, 2017, 12:05:45 AM
Reply #21

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty sure we'd be seeded for the playoff round, unless I've completely failed the maths somewhere along the way. I mark 9 teams that have better coefficients than us in the Europa 3rd round, and a further 8 in the Champions League 3rd round that would be above us as well should they lose their CL ties. Even if all 17 teams are in the Europa Playoff draw, there are 22 ties, so we should be seeded if we defeat Ružomberok.

Yeah we should be seeded for the next round if we go through, and would very likely be in the second pot for the groups.  It would only take a couple of upsets in the CL qualifiers for us to drop to the 3rd pot though.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 22, 2017, 12:30:40 AM
Reply #22

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

I *thought* all cl dropouts were seeded. But that isn't backed by any certainty of knowledge.
I hadn't done the math though, so now trust your figures and will cite you for my opinion that we'll deffo be seeded though haha

July 22, 2017, 01:02:35 AM
Reply #23

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
When is this?

July 22, 2017, 01:06:27 AM
Reply #24

Outworlder47

I *thought* all cl dropouts were seeded. But that isn't backed by any certainty of knowledge.
I hadn't done the math though, so now trust your figures and will cite you for my opinion that we'll deffo be seeded though haha

Nope, everyone is seeded by their coefficients. Last year, for example, West Ham were seeded, and drew unseeded CL dropouts Astra Giurgiu (who promptly dumped them out, because West Ham).

July 22, 2017, 01:36:33 AM
Reply #25

Simon Paul

Administrator
Nope, everyone is seeded by their coefficients. Last year, for example, West Ham were seeded, and drew unseeded CL dropouts Astra Giurgiu (who promptly dumped them out, because West Ham).

how did West Ham get seeded when they hadn't played in Europe for, well, decades?

when we qualified in 2004 we were unseeded and the excuse was that we hadn't played in Europe for ages so our co-efficient was poor

July 22, 2017, 01:57:47 AM
Reply #26

velimski

how did West Ham get seeded when they hadn't played in Europe for, well, decades?

when we qualified in 2004 we were unseeded and the excuse was that we hadn't played in Europe for ages so our co-efficient was poor

The only explanation I can offer is that the premier league had a higher coefficient last year than it does now.

It isn't purely based on a team's European record over previous years. The coefficient of the league they play in affects their overall coefficient too.

July 22, 2017, 02:18:17 AM
Reply #27

dchans

Got me ticket printed off and ready to go

Come On blue boys!!!

(Sorry)
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

July 22, 2017, 02:22:36 AM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The only explanation I can offer is that the premier league had a higher coefficient last year than it does now.

It isn't purely based on a team's European record over previous years. The coefficient of the league they play in affects their overall coefficient too.

Plus we were in CL qualifiers so opposition teams likely to have higher coefficients than in the EL.

July 22, 2017, 02:25:42 AM
Reply #29

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Here's where we get a Sevilla in the next round
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!