November 25, 2017, 06:18:50 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Ružomberok  (Read 14698 times)

July 23, 2017, 12:50:13 AM
Reply #45

Everton Mint

On ITV4... might have known BT wouldnt show us despite having exclusive rights.

July 23, 2017, 06:24:37 AM
Reply #46

toffee_scot

I think the team could be:

-----------------------Pickford-----------------
Holgate------Keane--------Williams-------Baines
--------Schneiderlin---Gana------Klaasen----
Sandro------------Rooney-------------Mirallas

Bench: Stekelenberg, Jags, Martina, Davies, Barry, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman

July 23, 2017, 02:40:21 PM
Reply #47

Rhys

Question would be will he start Sandro after just 45 minutes of pre season? He might think that's not enough to be sharp enough and risking injury throwing someone into a competitive game after that few minutes.

July 23, 2017, 04:32:00 PM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

Here's some info on our opponents next week.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/21/europa-league-lowdown

Is it only me who cares about how delicious the away leg sounds? Those local dishes sound really nice! Envy those that can go - have an extra helping for me!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 23, 2017, 04:45:07 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

Good chance for Sandro, Rooney and maybe Klaassen to get off the mark.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 23, 2017, 04:54:18 PM
Reply #50

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
3-0. Sissoko with all 3.

July 23, 2017, 05:49:32 PM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Question would be will he start Sandro after just 45 minutes of pre season? He might think that's not enough to be sharp enough and risking injury throwing someone into a competitive game after that few minutes.

Yeah I'm not sure. He did look a bit rusty i thought.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Williams Baines

Gana Schneiderlin Klaassen

Lookman Rooney Mirallas
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #52

toffee_scot

I don't expect Sandro would play the whole game but we don't have many other options for up front. Maybe Calvert-Lewin will start or even Lookman.

Even though our opponents are something like the 3rd best team in Slovakia, I want us to field as strong a team as possible.

July 23, 2017, 07:39:30 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I know our transfer dealings have been numerous, but it seems weird seeing the team without Lukaku and Barkley in it.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

July 23, 2017, 08:07:00 PM
Reply #54

Fynci

I think the team could be:

-----------------------Pickford-----------------
Holgate------Keane--------Williams-------Baines
--------Schneiderlin---Gana------Klaasen----
Sandro------------Rooney-------------Mirallas

Bench: Stekelenberg, Jags, Martina, Davies, Barry, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman

Picked the exact same team, and I agree with your comment about Sandro. I wouldn't expect him to play the full 90, but I'd like to see him start rather than come off the bench.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

July 24, 2017, 12:20:19 AM
Reply #55

Thornton_19

Need to be putting these to the sword. Should be going to the second leg having already won the tie.

July 24, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #56

Rhys

I don't expect Sandro would play the whole game but we don't have many other options for up front. Maybe Calvert-Lewin will start or even Lookman.

Even though our opponents are something like the 3rd best team in Slovakia, I want us to field as strong a team as possible.

I want the strongest team possible as well but not at the risk of injuring him if his body isnt ready for an hour or more of a competitive game. He might be I dont know, they might think it isnt that long since the u-21 final and he will be ok. Just pointing out that there is a chance he might not play and Koeman might go with DCL, Lookman or Dowell instead and give him 30-35 minutes instead.

July 24, 2017, 12:56:03 AM
Reply #57

Evertonian in NC

I want Lookman starting alongside Rooney, not Dowell.  The question for me is Sandro v. Mirallas.  Who starts, and who finishes.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 24, 2017, 01:07:55 AM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
As much as people seem excited about Lookman and he's clearly got the talent.

He's shown fuck all end product and all he's done in pre-season is give the ball away.

Dowell all day.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 24, 2017, 01:21:46 AM
Reply #59

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
As much as people seem excited about Lookman and he's clearly got the talent.

He's shown fuck all end product and all he's done in pre-season is give the ball away.

Dowell all day.

Yeah, you can see he's properley talented, but also very young and naive.

These will sit back and camp on the edge of the box, leaving a lot of space for dowell to impress.

I'd love nothing more than dowell breaking into the team this season. With a lack of options and creativity out wide it's his for the taking.