November 25, 2017, 10:11:26 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Ružomberok  (Read 14709 times)

July 28, 2017, 08:40:48 PM
Reply #675

WeimaranerBlues

too many central players on the pitch last night, DCL is not a winger and for me would have been better playing CF , Kenny showed last season he is capable to play the overlapping full back roll(should have played) , so him and baines , whip it in early and test the keeper, it was the same possession football with them having 9-10 men behind the ball, same to what WBA do when they visit.

July 28, 2017, 08:57:17 PM
Reply #676

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely feels like there is a lack of width in our side at the moment

Of course either way, so soon into pre season with lots of new faces we were never going to see a fluid performance, but we need to have the right players to suit the formation for whatever game we are playing

Feels like there's too many players out there who don't know what their role is. If the only wide players we start with are the 2 full backs and only 1 is an attacking outlet then we have a problem, as everything is congested in the centre. Against a side who sits back, this isn't going to be pretty, especially without many pacy or creative players

Felt like on one side Williams wasn't getting the ball out to Baines fast enough. When he did get it he was already marked and had little choice other than to pass it back to Williams

On the other side Keane could get it out to Martina faster but he wasn't willing to try and bomb on or pick out a pass, just played it safe more often than not with a pass to Keane or Gana, keeping the ball central and the game congested
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 28, 2017, 09:21:21 PM
Reply #677

Waltzer

Just got back from the game and gotta say that Cuco fella is terrible. Panic stricken on the ball, let the ball float around him off it, doesn't seem to be able to jump, got skinned by their winger every time and I don't believe he managed to stop a single cross.

Put one decent ball to nobody in the box, and his throw ins were ok, but I reckon Southampton fans probably clubbed together for his taxi fare up north.

Last night was a humbling experience for me as I thought Cuco Martina was a decent signing, how wrong was I, damn YouTube clips!!!

July 28, 2017, 09:44:50 PM
Reply #678

Cozzie

Cuco did seem to slow play down a lot. Deffo not an attack minded right back.

July 28, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
Reply #679

bigmanbob

Definitely feels like there is a lack of width in our side at the moment

Of course either way, so soon into pre season with lots of new faces we were never going to see a fluid performance, but we need to have the right players to suit the formation for whatever game we are playing

Feels like there's too many players out there who don't know what their role is. If the only wide players we start with are the 2 full backs and only 1 is an attacking outlet then we have a problem, as everything is congested in the centre. Against a side who sits back, this isn't going to be pretty, especially without many pacy or creative players

Felt like on one side Williams wasn't getting the ball out to Baines fast enough. When he did get it he was already marked and had little choice other than to pass it back to Williams

On the other side Keane could get it out to Martina faster but he wasn't willing to try and bomb on or pick out a pass, just played it safe more often than not with a pass to Keane or Gana, keeping the ball central and the game congested
Spot on, Williams disappointed last season with his distribution but last night seemed to take an age to play the pass. The obvious sub to make  was to take one of the two defensive midfielders off and get another forward on. Martina looked horrendous, Sandro looked delicious

July 28, 2017, 10:12:15 PM
Reply #680

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas doesn't seem to do much wrong in a game but does very little of note either. Games just pass him by and he offers us nothing in terms of width

And more pointedly it has been the case for about 3 years now. Upgrade badly, badly needed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 28, 2017, 10:12:48 PM
Reply #681

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cuco did seem to slow play down a lot. Deffo not an attack minded right back.

Better passing in the final third than holgate.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2017, 12:45:30 AM
Reply #682

Toddacelli

He tried to go down the byline once and got totally had off. Acceleration has gone I think.

2nd half? Thought that was a great tackle by the defender btw. But yeah. Had off he was.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 29, 2017, 06:32:29 AM
Reply #683

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
2nd half? Thought that was a great tackle by the defender btw. But yeah. Had off he was.

It was a fantastically timed tackle by that taxi driver at right back, yeah.

July 29, 2017, 07:06:25 PM
Reply #684

Bally

Administrator
Well Sam Matterface has said the second leg is on Itv4 on tritter I have asked for confirmation
It's the roll I way

August 02, 2017, 01:26:47 PM
Reply #685

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What's the point of wingers if we don't have anyone in the box to get on the end of crosses?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...