December 12, 2018, 09:29:00 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 18174 times)

August 25, 2017, 05:28:22 AM
Reply #150

Dr. Sponge

I thought he was ok but he wasn't that good was he?

The jury's still out.

August 25, 2017, 05:33:22 AM
Reply #151

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Couple of nice passes, didn't do anything wrong. If he stays fit he will improve.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 25, 2017, 05:40:04 AM
Reply #152

MmmblueBernard

I enjoyed his performance. Can remember the last time he played 90 mins.

Will play more in Europe than in the prem IMO.

Still think he's ace though.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 25, 2017, 07:47:04 AM
Reply #153

Jamokachi

Always showed for the ball, sprayed the ball around, tackled... can't really ask for much more. Yes He let his man go on occasion and his positional sense was a bit naive, but c'mon., the lad has missed so much football and with it development. There's a player there, and Koeman obviously sees it. More than deserving of a place in the squad this season Will get better the more he plays too. Happy to see him back after a nightmare injury period for the lad.

August 25, 2017, 07:57:05 AM
Reply #154

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Had to play tonight so he is more sharp to replace Schneiderlin on Sunday.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 25, 2017, 01:43:11 PM
Reply #155

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd go

Davies
Gueye Besic

On Sunday.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 25, 2017, 02:03:23 PM
Reply #156

Lxxx

He was surprisingly better than I thought he'd be.

August 25, 2017, 02:17:18 PM
Reply #157

Gash

Global Moderator
He was surprisingly better than I thought he'd be.

He didn't do anything that he hasn't done any other time he's had a game. Linked up well, shows for the ball out of defence, tries to move it forward quickly, goes on walkabout, shite backheel.

People say he's not played enough to know what he's like but have also made their mind up he's shite. I'm sure they said at the weekend it was his 50th PL appearance. I've said before, he's a rough diamond and he's certainly not a dead loss.

August 25, 2017, 02:30:32 PM
Reply #158

Lxxx

He didn't do anything that he hasn't done any other time he's had a game. Linked up well, shows for the ball out of defence, tries to move it forward quickly, goes on walkabout, shite backheel.

People say he's not played enough to know what he's like but have also made their mind up he's shite. I'm sure they said at the weekend it was his 50th PL appearance. I've said before, he's a rough diamond and he's certainly not a dead loss.

He played with a bit more maturity last night though. He's usually off wherever he fancies but last night he played with a bit more discipline, which is what he needs to do. He normally wants to try and show what he can do whereas sometimes it's more appropriate to play within yourself to get the job done.

August 25, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
Reply #159

MmmblueBernard

He has a great engine and energy level. Koeman clearly likes this trait.

He showed good vision a couple of times to pick out a runner with a ball over the top. Not exactly earth shattering in terms of creativity but something only Barry or Gibson have offered from a deeper position in recent years.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 25, 2017, 04:05:19 PM
Reply #160

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
cant help but root for the crazy fucker.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 25, 2017, 04:21:41 PM
Reply #161

MrWhite

Our midfield standards have been raised. He is no longer good enough to be first choice, but he is good enough to do a job in situations where our first choice is not available. He does have great vision, but lacks the ability to consistently execute that vision. When it comes off, it looks great, but there are too many attempts at brilliance that fail. Discipline in his role is the key thing he needs to keep working on, and last night was much better in that respect.

August 25, 2017, 04:28:37 PM
Reply #162

mikey_blue

I see him being back up for Morgs. I think he's the only player we have who could possibly play that role. I do like his style of play though. He's fearless, which often backfires, but you have to admit, he is exciting.

August 25, 2017, 04:38:23 PM
Reply #163

WeimaranerBlues

watched him last night, few dodgy first touches, but kept going showing for the ball all game and was still busting a gut late on,   steady game overall

August 25, 2017, 04:40:50 PM
Reply #164

Gary1878

I thought Besic did ok last night. Although he looked exhausted on 60 minutes and probably needed to come off when our midfield was being overrun. I think if it was still 1-0 to Hadjuk, he would have been replaced.

He will be a very useful member of the squad over the season, especially if we do well in the cups. He should get a good 15-20 games.