November 15, 2018, 08:57:20 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 17582 times)

August 20, 2017, 04:04:51 AM
Reply #90

Major Clanger

Does he think he's a hardman though? I've always thought it was the fans that have built him up as that just because he's got a few tattoos and scowles a bit. Much like we made Heitinga out to be a hardman through no fault of his own, then slagged him off when he wasn't one.

Exactly. He's always been a cultured ball playing type rather than a destroyer. If anything, his bad tackles are a testament to that fact.

He's never been sent off either, okay once for throwing his chewing gum at an opponent, which is stupid but hardly the act of a ruthless midfield enforcer.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 20, 2017, 04:33:15 AM
Reply #91

gizzblue

The fact that we are actually discussing the lad and most of us are not just fucking him off kinda proves ,most think there is a quality player in there somewhere. ..would like to see him improve with us rather than with someone else .
Born not made a blue .

August 20, 2017, 05:14:08 AM
Reply #92

BlueBeagle

He's always been a cultured ball playing type rather than a destroyer

Think you've just made that up mate tbh.

He's not once during his time at Everton looked like 'a cultured ball player' in any way, shape or form.

Never seen him pass more than 5 yards and always to the nearest man. Nothing wrong with that per se but it's not a difficult thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:21:43 AM by BlueBeagle »

August 20, 2017, 05:21:54 AM
Reply #93

Major Clanger

Think you've just made that up mate tbh.

He's not once during his time at Everton looked like 'a cultured ball player' in any way, shape or form.

I wasn't talking about quality but playing style. He's comfortable on the ball and not cut out to be an enforcer. And I've seen more of Besic than you.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:23:06 AM by Major Clanger »

August 20, 2017, 05:36:17 AM
Reply #94

BlueBeagle

I wasn't talking about quality but playing style. He's comfortable on the ball and not cut out to be an enforcer. And I've seen more of Besic than you.

How can he be a cultured ball player without ever having shown a good range of passing? Good for you, medal is in the post.

August 20, 2017, 05:41:22 AM
Reply #95

ally2

The lad is a footballer. Totally happy to see what he can give. My main concern is his injury record. This video highlights some of the good and bad things he can do. He's no crab for sure. Although that is probably more the type we need now.

August 20, 2017, 05:43:21 AM
Reply #96

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How can he be a cultured ball player without ever having shown a good range of passing? Good for you, medal is in the post.
Maybe, and bear with me here, he shown that style before he came to everton

And maybe, someone from Hungary seen that style

Simply simply lovely

August 20, 2017, 05:43:49 AM
Reply #97

Major Clanger

Well, it's cos you've just made it up. He passes it both long and short, look up the stats or just watch him play. Again, we're not talking about quality here (so don't tell me that most of his long balls aren't accurate), only playing style.

He's not a hardman and has never been, that's all.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:46:46 AM by Major Clanger »

August 20, 2017, 05:47:14 AM
Reply #98

BlueBeagle

Well, it's cos you've just made it up. He passes it both long and short, look up the stats or just watch him play.

A video from 2013 of him playing against mainly no marks with Bosnia... That showed me.

August 20, 2017, 05:50:27 AM
Reply #99

Major Clanger

A video from 2013 of him playing against mainly no marks with Bosnia... That showed me.

Okay, have a lie down and then come back and read what I've written, and can you then please spell it out for me, cos I'm thick: what the fuck is your point? That he is a hardman?

August 20, 2017, 05:52:34 AM
Reply #100

BlueBeagle

Okay, have a lie down and then come back and read what I've written, and can you then please spell it out for me, cos I'm thick: what the fuck is your point? That he is a hardman?

Are you simple?

When have I ever mentioned the words hard man?

You called him a cultured ball player. I said he's not shown that during his time at Everton.

It's really very easy to follow.

August 20, 2017, 05:53:51 AM
Reply #101

Lxxx

Happy to be proved wrong with the lad. Can't see it though.

August 20, 2017, 05:54:01 AM
Reply #102

Major Clanger

Are you simple?

When have I ever mentioned the words hard man?

You called him a cultured ball player. I said he's not.

It's really very easy to follow.

Then why the fuck are you arguing with me? Seriously, do you ever read the posts that you reply to? Or just pick out a few words and react?

August 20, 2017, 06:04:11 AM
Reply #103

BlueBeagle

Then why the fuck are you arguing with me? Seriously, do you ever read the posts that you reply to? Or just pick out a few words and react?

Lol.

August 20, 2017, 06:07:00 AM
Reply #104

BlueBeagle

Maybe, and bear with me here, he shown that style before he came to everton

And maybe, someone from Hungary seen that style

Yeah the Premier League and Hungarian League are about level in terms of quality and competitiveness aren't they. There must have been loads of Evertonians that watched it when Besic played there too.

Pretty sure I'd have much better passing stats playing in Hungary than I would in the PL.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:17:16 AM by BlueBeagle »