September 21, 2018, 11:31:08 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 15594 times)

July 23, 2017, 12:00:25 AM
Read 15594 times

AllyBlue14

To be fair, there have been precious few opportunities to judge him since. I think when he's had a run in the team he's largely been pretty effective.

Now we have Gana, Schneiderlin and Davies ahead of him, we're not as reliant on him being fit (just as well) and leaving us with just Barry and McCarthy. I'd like to see him stay this season and see if he can keep himself fit. I really think he'd be a handy option from the bench and particularly on a Sunday against Burnley or in the EL.

If not - because he's injured or doesn't perform - there comes a point where we have to say enough is enough and wish him well for his future away from Everton.

July 23, 2017, 02:20:13 AM
Reply #1

AllyBlue14

We've never been reliant on him being fit because he never has been.

Come the summer (if not sooner) I'm fairly certain that he'll be on his way and he can be remembered as yet another Martinez flop.

Just because he never has been fit doesn't mean we haven't needed him to be. We pretty much had Mccarthy and Barry and that was it.

Previously, he was vying for a regular first team slot, but now we're mainly hoping he'll prove useful cover during a busier season. As we have more strength in depth, we can look at it more from a footballing sense - personally, I think there's a useful player in there, but there's only so long you can carry an injury prone player on your books - but if he's not up to it, we move along.