September 20, 2018, 07:08:42 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 15547 times)

August 22, 2017, 04:07:04 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

It just showed him up to be what he is, which isn't a very good or mature footballer.

August 25, 2017, 02:03:23 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

He was surprisingly better than I thought he'd be.

August 25, 2017, 02:30:32 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

He didn't do anything that he hasn't done any other time he's had a game. Linked up well, shows for the ball out of defence, tries to move it forward quickly, goes on walkabout, shite backheel.

People say he's not played enough to know what he's like but have also made their mind up he's shite. I'm sure they said at the weekend it was his 50th PL appearance. I've said before, he's a rough diamond and he's certainly not a dead loss.

He played with a bit more maturity last night though. He's usually off wherever he fancies but last night he played with a bit more discipline, which is what he needs to do. He normally wants to try and show what he can do whereas sometimes it's more appropriate to play within yourself to get the job done.

August 25, 2017, 05:22:23 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Sounds like he probably was the reason we let Barry go then. Koeman thinks he can be of use to the first team so if he sees it then that's fine with me.

August 27, 2017, 05:45:40 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Doesn't sound serious. Not inconceivable he could play a game of football then fly out afterwards. He strikes me as the kind of character who might want to do that.

March 03, 2018, 08:37:31 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I reckon he's probably a level above the championship.

Probably a level above us at the minute then.

May 12, 2018, 10:21:37 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Big game for him later in the play off semi final. Id like to see him do well and maybe get a decent move out of it.

May 12, 2018, 11:21:56 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

Best case scenario for us is Middlesbrough  go up, flush with cash their supporters will demand signings and we will get a decent price for in him those circumstances.
Or as befitting of our new strategy well offer him a contract extension and loan him out to them next season and see what happens after that and try and make more money that way.