December 13, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 18218 times)

March 04, 2018, 03:24:26 AM
Reply #195

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I miss mo.

He played with a burning desire that burned a little too brightly at times.

Hopefully regular football allows  him to develop his potential and iron out the mistakes.
Agree we could use someone with his passion. No passion at all in our team.. not even Rooney looks like someone proud of putting the jersey on

March 04, 2018, 05:27:15 PM
Reply #196

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He and Gana could have been a decent option in midfield

March 04, 2018, 05:39:34 PM
Reply #197

gizzblue

He and Gana could have been a decent option in midfield
Beats The French surrender monkey all day long for me.
Born not made a blue .

March 05, 2018, 03:17:48 PM
Reply #198

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 05, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Reply #199

Toddacelli

I've always liked Besic and I've always felt that there is a role out there that he could excel at. I could see him going to Swansea or Southampton or Watford or someone with a  progressive, young manager playing a different system and suddenly looking a million dollars and going to Man Utd or Man City a season later and being awesome.

He seems to be a bit of an Alan Harper for us - comes in to replace a person and play in their role in the team without ever being used as Mo Besic.

But then again.. he might just be a bit flattering sometimes.

In my flights of fancy though I've always seen him as one of those players who could turn their attack into our attack and move the ball from our box to theirs in a few seconds. 

March 05, 2018, 03:38:16 PM
Reply #200

Paddockoldie

Unless we're prepared to play him for a run of games and accept the errors we'll never really see whether he's got it or not. I'd like to see him and Klassen in mid with Davies as a third. Love his passion but needs games to judge if he has more than just that.

March 05, 2018, 09:52:36 PM
Reply #201

D15TIN

Besic is crap. He's found his level nothing more.

March 05, 2018, 10:17:52 PM
Reply #202

Toddacelli

Besic is crap. He's found his level nothing more.

Completely disagree 100%.

But I do think there's every chance that he is one of those 'nearly' players who will never do anything or achieve anything like his potential due to other factors - injuries, fall-outs, shootings etc

March 05, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
Reply #203

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 06, 2018, 01:49:05 PM
Reply #204

Toddacelli

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/muhamed-besic-everton-middlesbrough-loan-14368301

Interesting piece. Hope they're all still raving about him by the end of the season.

Tackles won and passing accuracy stats for the last few seasons are impressive too, but amount of chances created show he's playing further back.

Quote from Jonathan Taylor, Middlesboro writer for The Gazette in the article:

"He seems to have raised the game of those around him too. Besic seems to be the aggressor, the organiser, the conductor in Boro's midfield. That's some compliment for a player who's only played four games in this team. Besic looks like a Pulis player. He doesn't try to do anything overly-elaborate with the ball at his feet, but what he does do is recycle possession quickly and with minimal fuss."

Hope he's a level above for the Championship and can give us something when he returns.

May 12, 2018, 10:21:37 PM
Reply #205

Lxxx

Big game for him later in the play off semi final. Id like to see him do well and maybe get a decent move out of it.

May 12, 2018, 10:47:20 PM
Reply #206

boothill

has he ever been tried at right back, could be our new snodin, thats if hes right footed like, cant remember what foot he goes with tbh

May 12, 2018, 10:55:21 PM
Reply #207

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
has he ever been tried at right back, could be our new snodin, thats if hes right footed like, cant remember what foot he goes with tbh

Yeah the first half of the Utd semi.

Never to be seen there again thankfully!

May 12, 2018, 11:08:37 PM
Reply #208

Mayor Farnum

Best case scenario for us is Middlesbrough  go up, flush with cash their supporters will demand signings and we will get a decent price for in him those circumstances.

May 12, 2018, 11:21:56 PM
Reply #209

Lxxx

Best case scenario for us is Middlesbrough  go up, flush with cash their supporters will demand signings and we will get a decent price for in him those circumstances.
Or as befitting of our new strategy well offer him a contract extension and loan him out to them next season and see what happens after that and try and make more money that way.