November 24, 2017, 09:48:40 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 21087 times)

blue1948 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

3 hours ago
Reply #720

Ridge

I didn't think tonight was really about players being particularly gutless. The team set up was not right. There was no cohesion in pressing and the personnel didn't suit the shape.

It was a dead rubber, he gave a chance to all the misfits and youngsters to give them a chance.

We were dead in Europa when Koeman left, I've no idea why people expected us to beat Lyon or put out the best team tonight.

deCoubertin

3 hours ago
Reply #721

sam of the south

What was he thinking bringing Feeney on.

Exactly, I said this at the time.

Lookman, Vlasic, and DCL absolutely, but not an 18 year-old CB coming on for his debut at RB against a useful side that already had their tails up.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

3 hours ago
Reply #722

therealdunc

Unsie  lolol  lolol  lolol
Blue

3 hours ago
Reply #723

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Here we go
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

3 hours ago
Reply #724

gizzblue

I know it was a nothing game .....but we showed zero pride and that hurts man ...my grandsons were devastated, one was asking to stay off cos the red noses gonna have a field day in class ....he's going ...character building for the years ahead .

Still asked for his everton pjs on though 😅.

3 hours ago
Reply #725

kramer0

Exactly, I said this at the time.

Lookman, Vlasic, and DCL absolutely, but not an 18 year-old CB coming on for his debut at RB against a useful side that already had their tails up.

It was even worse. He switched to a back three and moved Davies out to wing back.

Thatís a back three, comprised of defenders who donít pass well, with one of our few midfielders with an eye for a through ball moving outside.

For a team that struggles badly at passing the ball.

3 hours ago
Reply #726

Ridge

Gave Feeney a chance to get a bit of game time, he was the only defender on the bench and we were already falling apart defensively.

Williams looked like he was going to hang up his boots and Keane was gifting chances.

It obviously didn't help the lad or others, but at least the younger players were trying.

2 hours ago
Reply #727

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
But he's trying to win the job as he's going from game to game.

He couldn't afford to be too negative, because it's clear that board didn't fancy him, as they've avoided giving him the job at every opportunity.

Well it would have been more endearing than 1-2; 0-2; 0-3 ;)

It just seems like, it is as feared, that inexperienced mistakes are being highlighted at this level.

Harsh on him yes, but he stated he wanted the job so thatís what itís like at this level, intense scrutiny all the time.

We must have changed formation 3/4 times in the second half alone tonight, thatís very hard to keep up with even if youíre full of confidence. And weíve yet to see the best set up / mix of styles in the starting xi (Chelsea away) repeated, which is a bit odd.

And I donít buy that the players arenít trying; even tonight we could have equalised, before we collapsed, with Keaneís header but it was the Feeney sub that really let the wheels come off.

Looking at the pictures from training it appears that the players like his sessions but that could simply mean that heís a coach rather than a manager.

1 hour ago
Reply #728

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It just seems like, it is as feared, that inexperienced mistakes are being highlighted at this level.

Harsh on him yes, but he stated he wanted the job so thatís what itís like at this level, intense scrutiny all the time.

We must have changed formation 3/4 times in the second half alone tonight, thatís very hard to keep up with even if youíre full of confidence. And weíve yet to see the best set up / mix of styles in the starting xi (Chelsea away) repeated, which is a bit odd.

And I donít buy that the players arenít trying; even tonight we could have equalised, before we collapsed, with Keaneís header but it was the Feeney sub that really let the wheels come off.

Looking at the pictures from training it appears that the players like his sessions but that could simply mean that heís a coach rather than a manager.

Missed the second half of this, and most of the first half actually. What happened with e Feeney sub? Why was he put on at RB? Or was that the cause of the goals..?

1 hour ago
Reply #729

Ridge

He's been pretty brave and maybe a bit too much. But the fans were always going to be concerned about inexperience, like with a young player. But it's the players who play the game and manager is influential not all powerful, other influences effect performance heavily. By and large been the younger players who have shown him respect and effort.

Players know that if others are playing shit, there is less pressure on them. When fans are focused on a new potential manager between each game, it provides no continuity, no ability to build or get any momentum.

I don't know where Unsworth goes from here, it's a difficult retreat to U23s, he's unlikely to get a big job off the back of it. He might yet get the job, if the board decide they don't like options until January, but seems highly unlikely now, especially given he's been in far better place earlier on.

1 hour ago
Reply #730

Ridge

Missed the second half of this, and most of the first half actually. What happened with e Feeney sub? Why was he put on at RB? Or was that the cause of the goals..?

Team largely fell apart after, wasn't directly to blame for anything major, but wasn't a successful sub and it changed shape of team.

52 minutes ago
Reply #731

Jamokachi

Nah, we need to get someone in, and sharpish.

42 minutes ago
Reply #732

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What weíre doing this side of the international break without a manager is beyond me.

6 minutes ago
Reply #733

blue1948

The problem with / for Unsy is the players .They couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag at the moment .I am not sure what anyone could do with this team .Nothing a few wins won't put right but where will they come from?