April 09, 2020, 05:14:57 AM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson  (Read 25443 times)

March 10, 2020, 06:38:01 PM
Reply #570

KoemansNumberTens

Or could it be that they dont rate his nothingness, but rate the ability of the alternative options  to contribute even less ?

Christ itís bleak if Delph Walcott and iwobi are even worse

Brands work looks worse every time we play a football match

Sidibe has turned to shit. Delph has been poor. Iwobi canít get a game in our terrible midfield. Digne has only been decent this season. Mina isnít even a certain starter. Bernard is mainly injured and still shit more than heís good. Has the only great success been Richarlison. A signing probably driven by silva

March 10, 2020, 07:21:10 PM
Reply #571

Toddacelli

All things considered, heís my least favourite Everton signing of all time.

Tied for last place with Sammy Lee for me.

He's not a shit player - but he plays shit. What the fuck is that about? Ruth Rendell couldn't solve this one.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 11, 2020, 02:08:50 AM
Reply #572

Jamokachi

Its not a contractual thing. Its a combination of him being less injury-prone than others and that they are all just as shit as him. A one-eyed man in the land of the blind kind of thing.
Look at the squad . Who is the better player that he is keeping out the team?

Well, no, I wasn't being entirely serious... just exaggerating the point that I have no idea why he's being picked. I disagree that others are "just as shit".

March 11, 2020, 05:17:02 PM
Reply #573

Hesmenos

Iím not having heís better than iwobi Delph or Walcott. Iím not sure how Gordon would have contributed much less had he played

I genuinely donít think heís the best of a bad lot. Heís the worst of a bad lot. He doesnít even want the ball

Also heís fucking captain which doesnít really suggest heís just playing because the other options are worse. It suggests managers seem to rate his nothingness
Ignoring Walcott who isn't really competing for a starting spot with Sig.
Gbamin is injured
Schneiderlin is injured
Iwobi and Delph when not injured (which in Delph's case is fairly rare) have more assists for the opposition than they have for us
Bernard has only completed 90 minutes 3 times this season. The last time being against West Ham in October so its possible that there are fitness issues there.
That leaves Davies and Gomes who has just come back from a broken leg.
So 3 players from that lot.
As for captain, I don't get why it was Sig. He's never struck me as much of a leader. But again what are the other options. Digne (would be my choice) Davies? Pickford?