December 14, 2018, 03:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 31386 times)

August 18, 2017, 01:41:13 PM
Read 31386 times

Toddacelli

The recruitment of Pickford and Keane has stood us in really good stead. Being better than their previous clubs who were just poor sides lucky to have the odd good player. Now we have them hopefully that will help us kick on a bit and attract the next level of player next season too.

We can steal a good player from the minnows at the moment but we need to improve if we're going to attract established players like Giroud.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 18, 2017, 07:08:41 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Where have I said that we should forget about games against the top 6? I'm one of the biggest critics about our approach away from home in these games, for fuck's sake. We should be going into every single one of these games trying to win, because we have the players to beat anyone on our day.

Garbage teams win against the top 4 all the time. Wigan stayed up in 2011/12 because they beat Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal in their last 10 games. Sunderland stayed up in 13/14 in part because they won away at Man United and Chelsea. Would Palace have stayed up if they hadn't won away at Chelsea and Liverpool and beaten Arsenal at home in those last 10 games?

It doesn't mean their players are good though, does it. You can count on one hand the number of players you'd have from them in our first team; you don't really need more than 2 fingers, because you judge a player on as many games as you can, not arbitrarily deciding games against City, Chelsea and Spurs are more important.

I thought @Lxxx  was adding to your point - not having a pop.

August 18, 2017, 07:14:10 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

Apologies if I read it the wrong way @Lxxx.

Hold your horses - I might have read it wrong yet!     lolol

But the points from both of you are valid - teams below we should really be putting to be more regularly and we have also hopefully improved to the point where for the teams above - there will be no more drubbings received, we should be hard to beat and maybe turn one or two draws into victories. Let's wait and see!

November 21, 2018, 07:27:40 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

He doesn't get caught out of position as much I've noticed. He was always scrambling last year, even when we were playing in a much more defensive setup. We can credit Silva but I think we need to credit the lad for getting his head right too, he looks to be concentrating better.

Scrambling is the perfect word. Whenever I picture Keane from last year - that's exactly what he's doing in my mind's eye - scrambling to turn as the ball passes him to his right-hand side. Possibly had a bit to do with opposition targeting Kenny as well though.