November 16, 2018, 07:57:23 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 29184 times)

bluenuck and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 18, 2017, 12:36:06 PM
Read 29184 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's a better defender than Stones with better passing, Stones hasn't been great for City.
I don't want a centre half who goes on big runs, his primary goal should be defending
I'd prefer Keane to Stones all day

His passing isn't as good as Stones' but that's not a massive criticism as since people are so frequent to point out Stones' defensive issues, the it surely points to how highly thought of his possession is?

Anyway re Keane he's looked very solid so far.

His speed and quickness on the turn will get tested in some of these games coming up.

But long term if we find a partner who really compliments him then he looks well set.

August 18, 2017, 07:40:18 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In terms of quick improvements though it should be easier to pick up more points than we did in the away games against the 13 below us than in any games vs the top 6.

Chelsea last season is a good example.

August 18, 2017, 07:59:12 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's a nice theory. But this is the Premier League. And when Sean Dyche was plotting where to pick up away points this season, he probably didn't expect to do that in their first away game. Shouldn't we just look to win each game as it comes, rather than deciding which teams we should be getting the points from in advance?

Yes but every team will look at the types of games they should be winning.

If you're not winning most of those it's very hard to get where you want to be.

It's no good Burnley winning at Chelsea if they don't beat Huddersfield and 3 other equivalents at home.

I remember a Utd player saying that Ferguson used to target home and away wins vs the teams in the bottom half as the bedrock of their season, then the other games would determine how well they ended up doing.

Obviously things don't go 100% the way that you plan but a basic expectation of 12 games vs bottom 6 and 12 vs top 6 would be fair to be (many) more points vs the former as we are better than them and should do well in those games.

November 29, 2017, 07:40:11 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We should never have sold Stones a player I always rated and it kind of sums up what phillistines our fans are that they felt signing MK was better.

While the under appreciation of Stones’ talents is fair, there was far too little heed paid to the fact that he was being managed by RM, he did want to go.

December 01, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mori is a wild card at the best of times.

You canít ascribe poor performance of one player (Keane) down to the woeful performance of the team and not apply that same debilitating factor to another (Mori).

If Mori was a solid, dependable player then you could see an calming influence but heís the opposite.

December 02, 2017, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
@Thomas fans like a hardworking player because it embodies the effort we feel that we ourselves would put in to playing for Everton. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate the flair players. Remember the clamours for Manny Fernandez?

The reality is teams need both. I've been involved in sport at a decent level for a long time and the old adage is true 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.'

This is all true but re Everton fan opinion of such players (or flair players) it still varies (as youíd expect from such a large population).

Loads of people took ages to take to Hibbert and Osman, as examples.

Some people still think that Drenthe wasnít given a fair crack.

Aside from a few months spell most people hated Naismith.

December 03, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think you're right.  But I think the vast majority really see him as giving zero fucks. That red against Atalanta was the beginning of the end. After that it didn't even matter about that story in the echo. He's looked very half arsed all season. Not one Everton player even argued that second yellow, not even him. He just walked off. That says a hell of a lot more than what the echo story did.

Bit odd that Unsy still picked him though?

December 03, 2017, 12:19:48 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A bit.

I think the story about what happened at training was overblown.

My point is It's more about how he's playing, and how about he's, and no one else, is giving a fuck about being sent off.

Yes thatís what I mean; if they were the case surely heíd be out of the picture.

February 04, 2018, 11:36:28 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís weird as he was rated high at Man Utd and has been great for Burnley then comes to us and all of sudden canít handle the pressure

Never really played first team at Utd and wasnít a £30m but at Burnley.

Itís not easy playing for us as there is a lot more pressure than many people realise.

February 10, 2018, 09:59:31 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be honest I wanted Keane over Maguire all day, just shows you what i know about football, i couldn't have been more wrong.

Maguire was completely anonymous against us the other week, which given how toothless we are up front isnít an endorsement.

I think his forward forays catch the eye but theyíre not essential at all for CBs.

February 10, 2018, 11:03:25 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Better dribbler than Keane and markedly so, but will show himself to be the English Funes Mori in time.

Itís just not essential.

If you do everything else and then that on top then great.

But since he does do that, youíd assume someone else would have noticed and got him on the relative cheap.

November 14, 2018, 05:33:30 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think Roberto would have got a lot out of him too. To me he seems a real Moyes signing. Like when we got Jags. If he can become or even eclipse what Jags has done here heíll be regarded as one of the best premier league centre backs weíve ever had. Long way to go but I think he can do it.

Martinez would have been disastrous for Keane, as a lack of organisation would expose his pace issues.

There was always loads of space to attack us under RM and that would mean Keane would struggle to cover it.