December 19, 2018, 01:27:15 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 31717 times)

October 21, 2017, 07:29:51 PM
Read 31717 times

GrantyBoy78

Right now Duffy IS better than Keane
He is also better then Williams or Jags
We shouldnt have let him go
It took him 100 games to learn his position in a lower to look half decent. He wouldnít have got that game time here Argument is he couldíve been loaned and kept on I suppose. Heís a good back-foot defender - as most Prem defenders are; blocking shots, winning headers and making last ditch tackles. But if he was in a ball-playing team that pushed-up, his lack of pace and athleticism would be exposed. Horses for courses and all that - Brighton suit him.

Oh, and milk turns faster than Duffy.

November 21, 2017, 01:30:20 PM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Mentioned this as a few times over the past month or so. I see him as a kind of secondary CB. His performance will always be dependent on the man next to him, which is never what you want. I don't really see any character or personality in his play at all. He's a back against the wall defender. Good when the defenders and midfielders are really compact protecting something. Not very good in one on one type of situation and turns like he's just finished 5 roast dinners
Yep, heís a backfoot defender who excels in a compact, organised system - same as Williams.

I see him as another example of the disconnect between Koeman and Walsh. Why would Koeman, who had VVD at Soton; a mobile defender would could play out from the back, suddenly want slow players who are shite on the ball? I know players of VVDís quality arenít too common, but isnít that why we brought Walsh in? We could have at least tried to buy defenders with similar characteristics. Not like money was the issue.

November 24, 2017, 04:30:45 AM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Itíd be worth getting Dyche just to salvage the £30m we paid for Keane. If anyone get get him back in form, itís him.

December 12, 2017, 05:43:28 AM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

Reckon he'll be sound when he comes back in.

I'd have Holgate as first choice and have one of Keane, Williams and jags.

Just think holgates composure and ability on the ball is so valuable.
And heís the only one of those 4 who can actually get a sprint on. Allows us to play a higher line. Keane and Holgate could be a potential future CB pairing, certainly in regards to skill set - one would have to emerge as more of a leader though.