October 16, 2019, 04:52:49 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 49914 times)

August 18, 2017, 04:07:49 AM
Read 49914 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He defends well and is good on the ball which i thought is what we were getting with stones.  Keane is were stones could be

October 22, 2017, 12:43:55 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's suffered with a lack of consistency next to him. He's had Jags and Williams rotating next to him and then Martina, Holgate and Kenny all randomly playing on the right side. It's hard to build up a level of form as a new player with a shifting defence. He's also had to play in a 3 and a 4. I think every single defender deserves a little bit of slack right now but Keane maybe moreso than anyone else.

October 22, 2017, 07:08:39 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
From having watched him play a fair bit and more recently.

And to be clear, I wasn't saying we should definitely get him. Just that he has developed into important player for club and country and would command a decent fee.

He's currently 2nd in PL for combined blocks, clearances and interceptions and Brighton have better defensive record than us, so just seems like outdated opinions.

There's a reasonable argument that he's now a good defender who would be decent for us. There isn't an argument whatsoever though that we missed a trick by not letting him go at the time, not that I am saying you are the one saying that.

November 04, 2018, 01:29:28 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's been superb so far this season. I'm fucking made up that he's turned it round

November 05, 2018, 12:49:18 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Will we be able to afford both Gomes and Zouma ?

We're fucking minted mate.

November 05, 2018, 04:38:09 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Someone definitely needs to put Randy Orton rkoing him on that
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:53:21 AM by Silas »

November 14, 2018, 06:40:30 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we need to credit a more settled backline as well. A big signing will struggle for good form in an erratic lineup. Particularly in defence. We've even seen it in midfield with Sigurdsson and his form this season being much better.

March 14, 2019, 01:11:00 AM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I like the lad and thinks he's a good player. I think he's been better than Zouma this season tbh

March 14, 2019, 01:56:16 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely an argument to be made there.

No one's been great all season I'm more than aware of that but Keane has been the most consistent centre back for me.

March 14, 2019, 01:57:25 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not for me.

Lob the ball anywhere near the channel Keane is manning and he struggles.

Think Zouma has covered for him a lot this season.

Both players are very poor in the air though which is a big issue for two big fellas at the back.

I think Zouma looks impressive because he's quicker. Keane seems to make more interceptions for me though

April 02, 2019, 05:15:18 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's not worth 50 million but sick of upheaval and would much rather he stayed and formed a strong partnership with someone

April 02, 2019, 09:10:46 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Sell Keane - buy Zouma

Simples

Don't see the point of being a defender down and having to spend whatever profits on someone elsd

April 22, 2019, 01:08:53 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What are peoples thoughts on him now? I've always rated him but I have totally got why others have not. Anyone changed opinion for better or worse on the lad? I reckon he's been great this season

(And apologies Gash forgot there was a thread)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:12:11 AM by Silas »