November 17, 2018, 08:11:03 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 29299 times)

November 21, 2017, 05:23:47 PM
Read 29299 times

Rodenplav64

Reckon we have signed a dud tbh.

Only my early impressions like, but like Bluedylan said he is, in fairness, playing in an incredibly slow and ageing defence and behind a disorganized defensive midfield duo.

Tactics don't help him one bit and I always think when your CB partner is shite you are effectively doing the job of 2 players, which he is.

As much as I love Jags he is a bit too old now, Williams is hopeless, Funes Mori bang average and mental and Holgate not ready yet.

Still reckon there is a good player there, he certainly wasn't shite at Burnley and the way they played suited him. Another top CB next to him with a manager that knows how to set up and we will see an improvement I reckon.

Still long way to go but if I am to judge him based on what I have seen so far he has been pathetic.

Yep he would look better if we played with 11 behind the ball like Burnley did .

November 21, 2017, 05:24:50 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

One thing that no no seems to mention in defence of the defenders, Pickford isn’t great and likes to push them back out to the opposition.

Surprising how Pickford has avoided criticism when he’s been liable for a few goals

On the ' not to be criticised ' list it seems . Like you say despite several stupid mistakes .

February 05, 2018, 06:19:29 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

The lad is quality . He just needs time and a decent Manager , something he hasn't had since he moved from Burnley .

February 05, 2018, 07:20:35 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

I genuinely couldn't agree with you more and am loath to go off on a tangent.

But replace 'manager' with 'defence' and 'Burnley' with 'Sunderland' and you're talking about Pickford.

True and I did admit the 2 are clearly linked and I was being a bit tongue in cheek as regards Keane . I hope they both achieve at Everton but I am seriously depressed by everything about us at the minute . There isn't a single positive and all this wasted money has to be recouped from somewhere .